Skip to content

Please allow more dynamic lights!

Original NWN allowed only for 8 dynamic lights per map! Please remove this limit?

Comments

• TrinitalTrinital Member Posts: 59
    Are you talking about NWN2?

I wasn't aware NWN1 had "Dynamic Lighting".

NWN2 has Dynamic Lights but you are limited to 6 per Tile before water stops rendering. you can get around 8 - 10 before Dynamic Lights start shutting off.
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    The original NWN1 only allowed 8 dynamic light PER MAP. Which basically made any map "torch lit only" completely pointless.
  • TrinitalTrinital Member Posts: 59
    This is a very recent development ShadowM.

Is there any other examples? Like that shipped with the game or have seen extensive use?
    I haven't seen any. Perhaps a way to alleviate this would be to add functional torch placeables? in both standalone and wall mount function?

We have a light spell. I know.
    @JuliusBorisov is this already in the trello cards?
    Thank you!
    I was wondering if there is any update on this?
    I can't stress how important this is when module-building. Especially considering that we have very little, if none, placeables that actually emit light. On the other hand, allowing light-emitting torches on the walls actually has a purpose.
    64 bit exe gives me hope about this.
  • DroolguyDroolguy Member Posts: 1
    I would also like to say that this really needs to be a focus, if Beamdog really wants to bring NWN back to the forefront of multiplayer persistent RPGs then allowing infinite lighting should be a priority. Since this has been a normal feature of pretty much every game for more than the last decade. Per pixel lighting would be a big plus as well.

So far every NWN game I have played has been plagued with lights constantly popping in and out, even at max settings and it is very distracting from gameplay.
    Droolguy said:

I would also like to say that this really needs to be a focus, if Beamdog really wants to bring NWN back to the forefront of multiplayer persistent RPGs then allowing infinite lighting should be a priority. Since this has been a normal feature of pretty much every game for more than the last decade. Per pixel lighting would be a big plus as well.

So far every NWN game I have played has been plagued with lights constantly popping in and out, even at max settings and it is very distracting from gameplay.

Thank you for the support!