Skip to content

Brain dump question/suggestions

So I have a lot to say to be honest... and I'm super happy I actually get to say it to people that may listen.

Some of you know me under multiple different guises since 2002 and I've got to say.. I'm so happy to see shadoow, Niv, virusman and a few others as apart of this, it's the main reason I actually have faith.

So with that said.. Let me just get this out of the way.. to beamdog... please pull that trailer down, it's terrible, looks the same and has negativity all over it.. it makes you guys look talentless and lazy, when we know you aren't! Hehe.

Suggestions/questions

- Somehow we need the engine to drive across most cores and better utilise modern gpu
- Is it actually that much effort to change to a more modern api and implement multithreading?
- If a new api was used or.. for instance the engine changed to be more modern, could we implement vr or ar so that the whole game is rendered on the table or top down in free space.. or similar to how some of the oculus games have done (though I admit... the physical interface with the complex UI would need a lot of work)
- Could we perhaps pair a tablet or phone with the pc in order to control the character or navigate ui/inventory (monetising opportunity)
- Lots of us on the old servers like antiworld/BoW loved the challenge of creating and evaluating builds for specific team pvp servers, could we get a mobile app that can pair with a server that would allow for us to dry build a character and sort the levelling progression planing?
- Can we get better models, shaders, better poly counts and rendering techniques, physics and particle fixes?
- Could you perhaps create dedicated servers that we can rent/buy/use instead of having to find another provider? (monetising opportunity?)
- For performance.. Fix heartbeat/pseudo script heavy latency server side issues, objects on tile edge latency issue etc
- Ui needs some heavy amount of love
- Fix occlusion and wall sticking issues
- Fix trap visual to apply to shape of terrain not got through it weirdly
- Change or add zone gateway visability/visuals
- Add a more effective way to add custom effects (special debuffs, force polymorph, BAB changes etc) to specific areas (similar to higher grounds idea of letting people go to level 80 and hell debuffs etc)
- Add a more effective way to calculate and compute kickback damages/aoe effects
- Fix aura position updates visually (i.e. Silence aura becoming visual even though it hasn't been casted in some time)
- Add a better character creation screen and the ability to turn on/off modify specific feats/skills server side.
- Intergrate all 1.72 and below patches so that we never need to download them, make the option toggleable and backwards compatible between servers (1.69 server would use that specific patch, 1.72 server would use that patch etc)
- Implement an option like steamworks for content creators to create detailed poly models, animations etc
- Implement an easy ingame toggle option to remove helmet visual that persists for all
- Add realistic water/lava physics
- Add ability to edit skybox and integrate the aurora engine in game
- Force everyone to talk like deekin ingame
- Change scattering and dynamic lighting models
- Make the building tool more modern
- Add flowgraph functionality for easy coding of quests, custom area only effects and rule enforcement for noncoders (refer to star citizens and ue4s scripting model)
- Add ability to segregate hardcore and soft core rules to areas or add other conditions for that rule state change (not applicable to entire server and entire server only)
- Give us more prestige classes!

The problem I've always seen with this game is twofold.. 1. the effort to get into it or promote servers was next to impossible thanks to bioware letting it crash and burn.. 2. The lack of monetisation apart from official dlc
We need to figure out a fair and better way to monetise this genre than a dlc so that there is the money their to develop it. It's a shame we can't do a star citizen type thing huh ;)
PS.. please keep the option to have the camera as it is in the old version no matter what changes happen.

Comments

• TrinitalTrinital Member Posts: 59

They could also monetize NWN for a long time just by releasing premium modules they made in the toolset. Which, frankly, I hope they do.

This is a win-win for everyone. Atari was insanely stupid not putting out Premium Modules with industry quality assets like it was a Sims 4 Fire Sale.

Users want them.. Builders need them and it makes money for the company.
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    Couldn't agree more, as a player i'm more than willing to buy every module they make and as a modder I enjoy having new assets. They could release just a few of them and have enough improved assets for most modding purposes. Even if they just used the vanilla existing assets to keep costs at a bare minimum i'd still be interested. Take my money, Beamdog.
  • HeadClotHeadClot Member Posts: 10
    Honestly - I want to see more modules with more functionality exposed to modders and Content creators.
  • SavagefoolSavagefool Member Posts: 3
    I can't believe it wasn't a thing either... though lets not mention the absolute shitstorm that was (And still is) Atari. I'd like to see competitions for content too which would be nice
  • TrinitalTrinital Member Posts: 59

I can't believe it wasn't a thing either... though lets not mention the absolute shitstorm that was (And still is) Atari. I'd like to see competitions for content too which would be nice

Neverwinter Vault used to have Module / Custom Content competitions.. With specific themes for some of them and then Hall of Fame awards.

It was amazing.. I would die to have those make a return in a real way.