Skip to content

Better heads anyone see these?

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/model/tessellated-original-head-models

Hey guys I thought about doing something like this myself but came across these updated heads. Also I hope that the NWNEE at least thinks about adding some of the community upgrades to increase the visuals.

Comments

• scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Some of those where good, but most of them look very bad. Like they took the ugly but detailed originals and just stripped the faces of every feature and expression, ending up with only a bunch of plastic alternatives looking like they were made out of the same material and design they made Barbie dolls out of.

The DnD cartoon characters' likenesses was a joy to find in there though.
  • 1varangian1varangian Member Posts: 367
    Ok that makes a huge difference, especially in profile. Already looks natural instead of sculpted with an axe. Exactly the stuff that should be enhanced.
  • ReibornReiborn Member Posts: 156
    this looks really good, with helmets it is less of a fuss but big part of NWN is RP PW and there we used to hang around without an helmet as it was rude :)
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    The more I look at the Vault, the more I realize we don't need graphic updates. They already exist, from creature models to interiors to player models.
  • 1varangian1varangian Member Posts: 367

The more I look at the Vault, the more I realize we don't need graphic updates. They already exist, from creature models to interiors to player models.

But we do need graphical updates in an official capacity.

The success of the EE will be largely determined by official content and marketing instead of optional player created content the majority of players will never see. And we need this game to be successful for it to have a long and bright future.
  • fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    While I doubt Beamdog will go to great lengths to create new models, I do hope they at least consider contacting the various modellers that have created wonderful stuff over the years and get their permission to update the models that can be updated without breaking anything. Like the Tessellated stuff above. These will be a huge improvement, almost without effort (for Beamdog at least).