Skip to content

Is it possible to lower the minimum Charname ability total of 75 ???

JJaANFJJaANF Member Posts: 11
Ok, if I understand, on Character Generation, you never roll less than 75 total...

Is it hard-coded, or is the value editable ??? To make it lower (autorollers are there if I want it higher)

I know I could take away the surplus, but... I want to know ??? !!!

Sorry for the question (even more if it somewhere on the forum, but my search fu is... lacking...)

Thanks for reading...
[Deleted User]

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    edited December 2017
    @JJaANF, not sure what you mean. If you mean: can you start a game with CHARNAME having a score less than 75, then yes. Just use the minus sign on the attribute and don't add the score to any other attribute.

On certain character classes, you can't go below certain attribute scores as they are the minimum attribute score for that class.

ie: Ranger minimum scores
    Strength 13, Dexterity 13, Constitution 14, Intelligence 3, Wisdom 14, Charisma 3
    Therefore the ranger can have a minimum score of 60 upon creation.

A Fighter
    Strength 9, Dexterity 3, Constitution 3, Intelligence 3, Wisdom 3, Charisma 3
    Therefore the fighter can have a minimum score of 24 upon creation.

BTW, if you do make a fighter with a score of 24, I would love to know how you went :)...

Hope that make sense and answers the Q. If you mean something else, then could you please clarify?
    Gus

Edit: Typo
    [Deleted User]
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    As far as I'm aware, it's the game engine that increases rolls below 75 up to 75. I believe it to be hard coded, though you can of course roll real dice and set your stats to the result manually.
    JJaANFGusinda
  • JJaANFJJaANF Member Posts: 11
    edited December 2017
    Oki...

This answers that...

@Gusinda , It's all about the roll ! (and the rock ? No, only the roll...)

I know we can MAKE chars with less than 75... I just wanted to know if we could ROLL them ( I like to know things... :smiley: )

Thank you all !
    Gusinda