Skip to content

Portraits folder (correct location?)

themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
edited December 2017 in General Discussions NWN:EE
I want to convert portraits, but pressing ~ isn't bringing up the console. Edit: this is working, but doesn't immediately work for some reason.

Also, is C:\Users\[user]\Beamdog Library\00840\data\portraits the right path? (I created the portraits folder there).
Edit: Found out the path is Documents\Neverwinter Nights\Portraits (in Windows)
Post edited by themazingness on

Comments

• themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    Well, now that I have it sorted out, it still isn't finding the right portraits for the ConvertPortrait command.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @themazingness - I only play the NWN and don't have NWN:EE as yet, but from memory (when I used to use the command), it would only change JPG images. I am sure you are using the command correctly but just in case... it was "ConvertPortrait myportrait".

These days, when I create a portrait for NWN, I use GIMP to do the converting. I find I have more control, and use templates for the TGA files. Well actually, I just used a set of portraits that came with the game and copied the new portrait, pasted, adjusted size, and named them what I wanted making sure I stuck with the convention.

If you want to know the specifics, let me know and I would be happy to post. Not sure what NWNEE uses for portraits though (guessing TGA).

Gus
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    @Gusinda Thanks, but I really just want to use the game's conversion tool. It saves a ton of work.
  • nivniv Member, Moderator, Developer Posts: 410
    Hello,

that was a oversight when implementing the new directory structure. We'll fix it. Sorry about that!