Skip to content

Why Do You Need So Many Passwords?

TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
Seems like you need an awful lot of passwords to navigate around Beamdog. Specifically you need -
  1. To buy from Beamdog
  2. To Join the forums
  3. To report general support problems
  4. To report problems relating to NwN EE
Surely you really should only need the one password for the first 3 of those? Seems like the Beamdog Gods move in mysterious ways.

TR

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ThacoBell
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    From a security standpoint you never, ever use the same password for twice.

TR
    ThacoBell
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

Seems like you need an awful lot of passwords to navigate around Beamdog. Specifically you need -

1. To buy from Beamdog
    2. To Join the forums
    3. To report general support problems
    4. To report problems relating to NwN EE
    Surely you really should only need the one password for the first 3 of those? Seems like the Beamdog Gods move in mysterious ways.

TR
    Because they are all different websites:

Beamdog store

Vanilla forums

Redmine

and what ever they are using for the NWN:EE.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    Why not use a password manager?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TStaelTStael Member Posts: 861
    I only mind when I am vexingly asked to change my password periodically at any given instance. Then I tend to forget. And end up ping-pong'ing around. And possibly subject to security weaknesses while changing that password.

As to Beamdog, after going through the motions, I can just log in from my computer.

This I can do, because I have separate password systems for my primary e-mail, secondary e-mail and then, all the rest.

I very strongly recommend: have three, or maybe four, separate password systems, where your primary e-mail and secondary e-mail is the most important. Your gaming clients password is one to add maybe; and other purposes additional.

The rest might be spammed to your primary or secondary email. I use the gaming client leading password perso - but NEVER my primary or secondary e-mail ones.

In view of the volume of fraud - please at least have two e-mails with separate password systems! And try to be sympathetic to Beamdog: having our credit card details is not a lark, I think.