Skip to content

Will a savegame started in the Windows version work on the Mac version?

Hi - I've pre-ordered the Windows version of BGEE (to play via Bootcamp on a Mac), as want to get my hands on it as soon as possible, but will be getting the native Mac OS X as soon as its released, as hate having to boot into Windows just to play a game, and this would be my preferred way of playing it.

Anyway, I was just wondering, if I start a game in the Windows version, would I be able to be able to continue playing it in the Mac version using the same savegame file? Thanks

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Yes. And Ipad should also work, although they didn't explain how the transfer will be done.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    @mlnevese - thanks!
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    Ahoy, just wanted to back up what @mlnevese said.

As for the iPad, the current plan is to have it all work via iCloud, though that will not be an at-launch feature at first (sorry!). If you had a way to upload files directly to your iPad's file system, it would work no problem - but currently that's a jailbroken-only device situation as far as I know.
  • FuzzyPuffinFuzzyPuffin Member Posts: 289
    edited November 2012
    @Nathan No, you can transfer files for apps via iTunes if the app supports File Sharing. Most apps that do this currently are PDF readers, but I think Beneath a Steel Sky is a game that does it.