Skip to content

The 28th?

Can we please have an official statement about this: (?)

Will we be able to play BG:EE on Mac OSX the 28th of november or will it take a week ore two for AppleStore to approve of the game?

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I think the official statement is what they keep saying on twitter, that they hope the game will be in the application store around the same time as the Windows version is released, but that depends on how fast it gets approved by Apple.
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    That, of course, depends on whether it's already sent to Apple for approval already, as it usually takes up to two weeks, sometimes more. Especially close to holidays...
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    Glad to hear that you try your best. Cheers!
  • FuzzyPuffinFuzzyPuffin Member Posts: 289

We hope to release on the 28th, but it seems like the Mac App Store cert process may take too long. We don't know yet for sure.

Can you tell us when it was submitted?

• KnolandKnoland Member Posts: 206
    While I do hope that the game will be available to us on the 28th to be honest I'm too busy jumping for joy! I'll take it ASAP and that is just fine. Thank you for doing this and bringing back this game to us...
  • More86More86 Member Posts: 13
    Any news about the Mac store release?

will the mac version cost the same as PC version?
  • Jemand84Jemand84 Member Posts: 11
    Ah crap, just bought the Pc version. Need gameplay at work :-P But I hope the Mac version will get online soon, will buy it as well.
    More86 said:

Still going through approvals. They had a last-minute crash bug they had to fix. So, maybe the end of next week.

will the mac version cost the same as PC version?
    Yes.

More86 said:

Still going through approvals. They had a last-minute crash bug they had to fix. So, maybe the end of next week.

God damn it.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Ok, this thread has been confusing me so I'm guessing it is confusing others: what does an iOS bug have to do with the OSX release date? Was the game submitted? What's the current status?

So, I decided to go to the source @TrentOster, and the current status is a bit more clear - updates all from yesterday:
    * Crash bug was found on iOS
    * Crash bug (Same? different?) found cross platform. All platforms (except PC of course) need to be re submitted
    * OSX approvals taking longer than iOS
    * Several builds have been submitted and approved, so there shouldn't be any last minute "Nope, because we don't like you" app rejections
    * Someone made Trent aware of a expedited review request option, with a possible 48hr turn around. It looks like they are going to save this option for when they "have the build they want"
    * He said they weren't going home last night until they submitted a new build.

So, from all that I conclude that the absolute best case is that sometime today they decide that they are happy with the new build, they ask for expidited review, and Apple approves it sometime Thursday or Friday. Otherwise (assuming Apple doesn't process approvals during the weekend) we're looking at some time next week.

Disappointed, but I'm glad they caught the crash bug before it went public.
    Thats why I would like to hear the official statement on this matter, I've bought the PC version already and I am planning to buy a mac version too as a token of my support, but I would really like to know If I should start playing the PC release tommorow or to wait 3-4 days for mac release.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @More86 just start playing the windows version and then copy your savegames to the mac version when it's out...
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    mlnevese said:

@More86 just start playing the windows version and then copy your savegames to the mac version when it's out...

That's exactly what I'm planning to do...
    Yea It seems with most games us Mac users are the last ones to get the goods.. Should be written on the pretty Mac box in Bold letters.. Games will be made for you on a ASAP basis of course after all Windows versions...
  • oskargargasoskargargas Member Posts: 14
    I hope they will ask for expedited review (and be granted it) so we Mac & iOS players could get it before weekend. :)
    From my company experience I can say that rolling out for multi platform should be a good reason for Apple to grant an expedited review. But you know Apple is Apple. You'll never know what or why they do some things.
  • cloakanddaggercloakanddagger Member Posts: 111
    @oskargargas money lol.
    Well there's a depressing update on Twitter. OS X and iPad both have several outstanding issues.

If we allow them a week to fix the crashes, using average review times on each platforms, the iPad release is roughly two weeks away, the OS X release, three.

I don't think Apple will grant them expedited review because it's supposed to be used for existing apps that have crippling bugs, not meeting release dates.
    I just read those tweets myself... I would like to point out to the mac community that as much as it sucks to have to wait for this game to be released It is probably for the best anyways? The PC client is having a lot of issues ATM and the downloads are having issues also. By the time we get our copy downloaded many of the problems experienced by the PC people will not be our problem. Can't wait for my copy! ;)
    @knoland well we're guaranteed not to have download issues at least!
  • MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    Yeah I'm not too fussed with waiting it out. I've been waiting since the project was announced publicly. So if it takes a week or month to stamp out the game crashing bugs then so be it. Sure it's disappointing but they'll be doing all they can to get it ready and that is all I can ask for. Most of my ire will be directed towards Apple if they take forever to approve it though. Besides I'm technically not paying for it because I have one of those Mac Store giftcards lol
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    After looking at the main forum and seeing it has a lot of bugs/problems I've no problem in waiting a month or two to pick this up.
  • cloakanddaggercloakanddagger Member Posts: 111
    UGH! My heart can't take it anymore. I completely understand, and i'll be glad to buy it still and enjoy it bug free. BUT, to survive this delay I think i'm going to have to resort to hating this game like a slutty ex girlfriend for the time being. When finally i can play I will completely repent. But for now "....whore"!
  • XzeulonXzeulon Member Posts: 10
    it doesn't seem like there is much of a difference in this game than there was before. i just want to do it multiplayer... :(
  • ChurchOfBooChurchOfBoo Member Posts: 82
    I just bought Bioshock 2 to hold me over. No comparison but it passes the leisure time....
  • TreldonTreldon Member Posts: 2
    Knoland said:

Yea It seems with most games us Mac users are the last ones to get the goods.. Should be written on the pretty Mac box in Bold letters.. Games will be made for you on a ASAP basis of course after all Windows versions...

I will be the last (I have a mac) and YOU will go first (you have a PC)

*CRUNCH*
    *SPLAT*
    Treldon said:

Knoland said:

*CRUNCH*
    *SPLAT*

Well the good side is that when they finally appear, they are working without any additional driver updates and bugs, which are eliminated in the beta_PC_users testing stage;)
    Treldon said:

Knoland said:

*CRUNCH*
    *SPLAT*
    Ha Ha, I wonder If they are going to change their website add where it says Mac OSX November! ;)
    Butt kicking on Mac - for goodness!
  • RilburRilbur Member Posts: 54
    PC will lead, with blade and boot! Mac will take care of the details.