Skip to content

Are pre-orders on the decline?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    Maybe more people pre order through steam? Or maybe there is just less public awareness over the years since the hype of BG1 EE.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Maybe more people decide to buy games after release day. You know, just like they should.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    What's the point in ore-ordering? It's not like they will sell out of copies!
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    There was hype around BG:EE, and IIRC, there was a 10% discount. I would not have pre-ordered if their wasn't.

Then Beamdog fucked up. Badly, and they will admit to it and didnt have a very good launch. People lost faith in them to deliver a game properly so people began taking a wait and see approach.

Both IWD, and PST gave nothing but a forum badge for pre-ordering so there was no incentive to do so. It was also being released simultaneously on gog and steam, which some customers prefer for various reasons. So purchasing on day 1, instead of pre-order gets them that.

There hasn't been much media around NWN yet, so the numbers are still early. I think a good chunk of the NWN community are in wait and see mode. Once PWs make the jump, their players will follow.

That's the best I can explain it.