Skip to content

Bug: Cannot Download

Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
edited December 2017 in Technical Support
I have verified my purchase of NWN, clicked the 'Get Started' button on the Head Start page, and I have chosen Digital Deluxe - Head Start but the game will not download. Here are my logs and a picture of what my screen is stuck at.

Update: Now I can't download anything with the Beamdog client.
Post edited by Dragonfolk2000 on

Comments

• Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    I'm really upset right now. Now all the infinity engine games have a version for the beta and I can't download them. Can't play NWN, can't play BG, can't play IWD...
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    I'm sure @Shaiden will be able to help you when he gets in, at least with NWN. As for BG and IWD beta, this information has also been passed to the team.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Sorry for taking so long, - your logs show that the Client is having issues connecting to peers. Can you try and standard things of checking for any firewalls and seeing if disabling those helps, and could you also let us know if you have the same issue with products other than NWN?
    I just double checked these things and I'm still having trouble. Here are some more logs. I also am having this problem with the other products I have purchased and download through Beamdog.
    The developers have looked into additional logs, and it does look from the logs like the Beamdog Client is having a hard time connecting to our infrastructure, so could you please let us know more about your ISP?
    The only thing I know about it is that it's a college campus. I was actually thinking about that and I am awaiting the college IT department to contact me.
    It has been confirmed by my college IT that they will not allow the Beamdog client. They policy is to deny any program that utilizes bit torrents. This saddens me and this is not on you guys. The annoying thing is that Steam is allowed and it serves the same exact function.

I appreciate all the help you gave me. I'll just have to wait until winter break to redownload my games.
  • fasthd97fasthd97 Member Posts: 34
    consider using a tor browser or using a free vpn service.
  • fasthd97fasthd97 Member Posts: 34
    https://www.torproject.org/download/download.html.en
    Best way to ignore it restrictions is to encrypt your traffic.