Skip to content

Diamond Ed from GOG - should i uninstall it in favor of EE

Doesnt seem like they share directory paths, should I install Diamond Edition now that i have EE or does it even matter?

Comments

• fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    edited December 2017
    I have both installed (in separate directories, obviously! :-)), no problem.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Having both installed gives access to all Multiplayer platforms as many servers haven't jumped to EE yet.
  • AtremiousAtremious Member Posts: 42
    If you play on a multiplayer server that has not transitioned to the NWN:EE version you will wish to remain with the original. If you do not play multiplayer? I suggest having a gander at NWN:EE. There are more updates coming relatively soon.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,283
    Good to have both installed for now.

There's a lot of value in playing existing fan-made single player mods. During the Head Start period, you can expect the odd glitch in EE, which you can work around by loading the saved game into Diamond Edition for a while.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    What, like henchmen dying improperly in SoU?
  • scruffyladscruffylad Member Posts: 10
    You can have both if you want, and then edit the nwn.ini file to point at the same folders for haks, portraits, etc. (That's what I did, so that I don't have to have two copies of everything on the hard drive. Since all those custom resources are the real serious space-eaters, it works.)
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    Both is a good idea unless the old version is incompatible with your OS or hardware. Most of the EE features right now seem less matured than their community counterparts so I couldn't honestly say it's a 100% upgrade in all areas. Keeping both is a safe bet so you can access all content properly.