Skip to content

"Something a little extra for those who already pre-ordered before September 18th."

So, lets speculate on what this will be, I've been strangely and vastly curios on this.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/14/baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-pushed-to-nov-30/

"Oster asks for patience from fans, promising "something a little extra" is in the works for those who have already pre-ordered."

Comments

• bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited November 2012
    This has been discussed a few times, we have no idea. The only thing I can think of is that we were given the BGEE Supporter badge where everyone else just gets the normal pre-order badge.
  • SarevokokSarevokok Member Posts: 171
    But I want a flashy no-save allowed disintegrate/ Flesh to Stone spell or some badass weaponry ._.
  • HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188
    edited November 2012
    Something extra for people who pre-ordered before September 18??

COME ON, BIG BUCKS BIG BUCKS NO WAMMIES NO WAMMIES...

STAHP!!!
    Post edited by Heinrich on
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited November 2012

The only thing I can think of is that we were given the BGEE Supporter badge where everyone else just gets the normal pre-order badge.

It would be pretty lame if that were it.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    That can't be it, the badges were already done by the time Trent made the announcement.
  • SarevokokSarevokok Member Posts: 171
    Heinrich said:

Something extra for people who pre-ordered before September 18??

COME ON, BIG BUCKS BIG BUCKS NO WAMMIES NO WAMMIES...

STAHP!!!

...wat?

• MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    A video of Beamdog doing Caramelldansen :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pb5HsCm-mw
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318

This has been discussed a few times, we have no idea. The only thing I can think of is that we were given the BGEE Supporter badge where everyone else just gets the normal pre-order badge.

Always wise to set expectations low, lol.

Adventure Y would be nice.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Here is what he said:

Dear Friends of Baldur’s Gate,

To all who have pre-ordered, we ask for your patience as we move toward our final release date -- and we will be working on something a little extra for you. To all who have volunteered, we thank you for your dedication and support.

He didn't promise anything, he just said they are working on something a little extra. It could be just the forum badge. Whatever it is, it isn't going to be anything game changing, if it is in the game at all.

Delays happen. The game, is hopefully, well polished for its new release date, and I for one can not wait to play regardless. It is why I pre-ordered in the first place.

• veevitoveevito Member Posts: 35
    Unlocking the game this Friday for pre delay pre orders is all I would need as a reward.
  • eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    I still demand that they give rangers a pony as an animal companion. A really mean pony with spikes and flaming hoofs to trample your enemies! It's the only way to appease my anger.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited November 2012
    If it is a forum badge that will basically be like

Edit: Actually, thinking a little more on this, if it is a forum badge we'd at least get a chuckle if it featured a pink bunny on it. *Heads off to photoshop*
    Post edited by Lemernis on
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited November 2012
    @Sarevokok, @Heinrich is making a humorous reference to the game show "Press Your Luck", where contestants watch a board with about 18 or so small TV screens arranged into a big square. Flashing lights circle the board at random, while the pictures in the TV screens switch rapidly among prizes, cash, and a little red dude called "the Whammy". The contestant pushes a button to freeze the light around one TV screen, which is then the prize you get. If you stop on "the Whammy", you lose all your previous prizes and money.

The contestants are directed to act excited as they "spin" the lights, and they spew forth the exact stream of gambler's banter that @Heinrich has referenced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7nFtuF7SmU
  • jmanreisjmanreis Member Posts: 39
    @saverokok - It's a reference to a mid-80's game show called Press Your Luck.
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    It will be BACON
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    It'll probably be a discount coupon valid for the first paid DLC when it comes around. More than enough for me.