Skip to content

NWN EE and the CEP

Hi everyone

I am downloading my digital deluxe Headstart as I am writing this. I checked the forum and the FAQ but I couldn’t find an answer to my questions about CEP

1/ NWN EE is backward compatible but if I want to play my module with CEP can I add CEP to the head start enhanced edition of neverwinter nights like the old way? If yes but the method is different please explain how.

2/ I really like a lot of the CEP content and it’s clear massive amounts of work went into it. It seems logical to me to just add it to the game rather than make it a hack file. Does Beamdog have any plans to do this?
Sorry if these questions have already been addressed in another thread and I missed it. If so can you point me there.

Cheers
Mr D

Comments

• ProphetSwordProphetSword Member Posts: 43
    1) You can use CEP in NWN EE. I haven't had any issues with it. You'll have to install it manually, though; because the directories that you install it into are now located in the Documents directory of Windows instead of the NWN directory.

2) Beamdog have only revealed a few things they plan to do at this point. No idea.
  • PlasmaJohnPlasmaJohn Member Posts: 31
    There's a lot of good work that went into CEP. Unfortunately there were lots of questionable scripts that were embedded (IIRC lots of heartbeat abuse). Aside from that it's huge which can cause resource count issues in the form of toolset and DM client crashes.
  • voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
    On the opposite side of the room, I am running Project Q and have discovered no immediate issues either so both CEP and Project Q get along with EE beautifully even if they could never get along together. :D

I am really impressed with EE's backwards compatability.

...Although I am a little concerned about 2da conflicts with future content updates. But we will cross that bridge when we get there.

Happy modding!

- Jamie
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724

1) You can use CEP in NWN EE. I haven't had any issues with it. You'll have to install it manually, though; because the directories that you install it into are now located in the Documents directory of Windows instead of the NWN directory.

2) Beamdog have only revealed a few things they plan to do at this point. No idea.

About the second question: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/927927/#Comment_927927
  • MrDamageMrDamage Member Posts: 210
    Thanks guys. That clears a lot up for me.