Skip to content

Thoughts on how to make custom casters work.

ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
edited December 2017 in General Discussions NWN:EE
The only way I see beamdog making custom casters, is to make a separate custom .2da that matches back to the spells.2da with just columns of the custom caster they can cast. Then change the class.2da spellcaster column to be able to read a 2 for custom caster and if it a 2 in that column(use custom .2da column matching the class name, so you can match up with spells). Would have to make some engine changes to link this all together.

Comments

• malonkey1malonkey1 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2018
    Actually, with the 1.72 Community Patch, custom spellbooks are doable. I've been using a mode for it, and it seems to work fine with EE. Linked.

Issue is, prestige classes don't seem to recognize it. So that may need to be tinkered with.
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    malonkey1 said:

Actually, with the 1.72 Community Patch, custom spellbooks are doable. I've been using a mode for it, and it seems to work fine with EE. Linked.

Issue is, prestige classes don't seem to recognize it. So that may need to be tinkered with.

Yes, I know about the Community patch and have talked to shadooow on this issue. I talking EE version and a more comprehensive look. He talk about this over on this forum link more in-depth.
    LINK