Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Transition from one server to another

If you are running two servers - how do you set it up so that players can seamlessly transfer from one server to another from within the game. I know it can be done as I've seen it on a couple of servers, just don't know how to do it.

Comments

• NeverwinterWightsNeverwinterWights Member Posts: 194
    You would use the ActivatePortal script function. You can use it in a transition or talking to an npc or what not.

// Try to send oTarget to a new server defined by sIPaddress. // - oTarget // - sIPaddress: this can be numerical "192.168.0.84" or alphanumeric // "www.bioware.com". It can also contain a port "192.168.0.84:5121" or // "www.bioware.com:5121"; if the port is not specified, it will default to // 5121. // - sPassword: login password for the destination server // - sWaypointTag: if this is set, after portalling the character will be moved // to this waypoint if it exists // - bSeamless: if this is set, the client wil not be prompted with the // information window telling them about the server, and they will not be // allowed to save a copy of their character if they are using a local vault // character. void ActivatePortal(object oTarget, string sIPaddress="", string sPassword="", string sWaypointTag="", int bSeemless=FALSE)

• NeverwinterWightsNeverwinterWights Member Posts: 194
    An example:

void main() { //Example using a trigger on the ground as a transition object oPC = GetEnteringObject(); ActivatePortal(oPC, "192.000.0.00:5121", "password", "tag of starting waypoint", TRUE); }

dunahan
  • ArckonArckon Member Posts: 5
    edited June 9
    Can I do this using two steam accounts on the same machine, and running two separate instances of NWN1?

• DFDarkDFDark Member Posts: 19
    Arckon wrote: »
    Can I do this using two steam accounts on the same machine, and running two separate instances of NWN1?

You can try running 2 nwn server instances of different ports, but I've never tried it so i'm not sure it's possible.