Skip to content

Transition from one server to another

If you are running two servers - how do you set it up so that players can seamlessly transfer from one server to another from within the game. I know it can be done as I've seen it on a couple of servers, just don't know how to do it.

Comments

• NeverwinterWightsNeverwinterWights Member Posts: 339
    You would use the ActivatePortal script function. You can use it in a transition or talking to an npc or what not.

// Try to send oTarget to a new server defined by sIPaddress. // - oTarget // - sIPaddress: this can be numerical "192.168.0.84" or alphanumeric // "www.bioware.com". It can also contain a port "192.168.0.84:5121" or // "www.bioware.com:5121"; if the port is not specified, it will default to // 5121. // - sPassword: login password for the destination server // - sWaypointTag: if this is set, after portalling the character will be moved // to this waypoint if it exists // - bSeamless: if this is set, the client wil not be prompted with the // information window telling them about the server, and they will not be // allowed to save a copy of their character if they are using a local vault // character. void ActivatePortal(object oTarget, string sIPaddress="", string sPassword="", string sWaypointTag="", int bSeemless=FALSE)
  • NeverwinterWightsNeverwinterWights Member Posts: 339
    An example:

void main() { //Example using a trigger on the ground as a transition object oPC = GetEnteringObject(); ActivatePortal(oPC, "192.000.0.00:5121", "password", "tag of starting waypoint", TRUE); }
    dunahan
  • ArckonArckon Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2019
    Can I do this using two steam accounts on the same machine, and running two separate instances of NWN1?
  • DFDarkDFDark Member Posts: 32
    Arckon wrote: »
    Can I do this using two steam accounts on the same machine, and running two separate instances of NWN1?

You can try running 2 nwn server instances of different ports, but I've never tried it so i'm not sure it's possible.