Skip to content

Please help an old idiot install his first mod

FalkeepFalkeep Member Posts: 41
I have successfully played through BG:EE (well, to where I hit the exp cap, anyway... I finished Candlekeep and am back in BG), and am wanting to start a new game with new characters. I want to install the Romantic Encounters mod before I do. I have never installed a mod before and am, apparently, a complete idiot. I have unpacked the mod and tried to install it. When I do, I get an error message that says:

Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory

FATAL ERROR: Failure("Not a game directory")

I have this is the only Baldur's Gate directory I know of on my computer (in Documents, for some reason... that's where it automatically installed itself). The only folders in the directory are:

bpsave
characters
mpsave
potraits
save
ScrnShot

to this list has been added:

bg1re

Anyone who responds to this, please treat me like an idiot who does not understand the modding language, abbreviations, where to find things, what tools are and how to use them, etc. because, apparently I am. I have been unable to solve this myself from reading the forums.

If I can get this figured out, I am also interested in hearing if there are other mods that I should consider... including how to deal with the exp cap so that I can earn points and gain levels, if I earn enough exp, through the rest of the game.

Any help will be appreciated.

P.S. -- If it is any help, I am an old man... almost 60, and did not grow up with computers or learn them in school or anything. I've had PCs since the mid-90s but, still, it is not something that I understand like most of you do. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

P.P.S. -- I also posted this question in the Mods forum, but I didn't know where I would get the fastest responses. If this question does not belong in this Forum, I apologize. Please tell me and I will delete it.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.