Skip to content

If I buy the Head Start version, can I migrate to the Steam version?

gigglesworthgigglesworth Member Posts: 3
edited December 2017 in General Discussions NWN:EE
If I buy the NWN:EE "Head Start" beta now, will I be able to migrate it to the Steam version later so that I can aquire things like Steam Achievements?

Is that what the following FAQ means by "Steam Key"?

https://www.beamdog.com/nwn_faq#07

Comments

• BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    Yes, that's what it means.
  • gigglesworthgigglesworth Member Posts: 3
    Good to hear. Thanks!
  • gigglesworthgigglesworth Member Posts: 3
    Second question: if I obtain a Steam key from Bramdog, will I need to download a second version of the game from Steam? How would I migrate my game data from my Beamdog version to the Steam version?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Sure, the game folders are different. However, everything staying in the Documents folder will be the same.
  • DarksDarks Member Posts: 2
    This is good to know, because I bought a copy and dont need another client or games. Plus I bought a copy so I can test out my two Eye of the Beholder mods for compatibility issues. Hoping this new version does not break my mods.
  • Taro94Taro94 Member Posts: 125
    I'm still lamenting on the fact we can't migrate to GOG. Couldn't we at least know why this is the case?
  • RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403
    Taro94 said:

I'm still lamenting on the fact we can't migrate to GOG. Couldn't we at least know why this is the case?

It was explained somewhere; however, GOG Connect is adding the Enhanced Editions so you can migrate your Steam versions at least.