Skip to content

Will there be any improvements/work done on the original campaign?

icebladeiceblade Member Posts: 19
edited December 2017 in General Discussions NWN:EE
There were some design decisions of the original campaign that, in aftersight, maybe weren't that perfect. The amount of enemies and how much experience you got was changed in comparison to the Pen & Paper - version of Dungeons & Dragons 3rd Edition, because there was the fear that the campaign was too short, if I recall correctly.
That didn't work out perfect. [ Reducing the amount of enemies and raising the experience gained by killing them. ] There could also be done something to find different ways to deal with enemies but to kill them, like different editions of the Dungeon Master Guides suggested since 1st Edition AD&D (and earlier?).

The cancel conversation feature can be changed in regards of beggars and other characters in the game who are stubborn enough to have a continuous conversation with the PC. Like in real life some people are just too annoying to ignore. Like in NWN2, sometimes you just HAVE to deal with some people.

Post edited by iceblade on

Comments

• RifkinRifkin Member Posts: 141
    I believe Trent has said on the streams, that the OC is something he would like to leave in the past. I am of the same mind. The original campaigns were an after-thought, they really aren't worth the effort of reworking, as there are much better stories to be told.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Of all the massive issues with the OC, those mentioned by the OP don't even figure on the radar.

But yeah, pigs and lipstick come to mind. Better for Beamdog to create a new campaign.
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    Can you clarify what you mean by the experience difference?

By the book it would be 300 points per CR equivalent to the character if solo, 75 each in a party of 4. It's constructed so that a party of 4 will always need 13.33 equivalent encounters per level, so a single character only needs 3.33 per level.
  • icebladeiceblade Member Posts: 19
    There was a mistake with the thread here and a similar one somehow. I explain my ideas in the younger thread better:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/67928/changes-of-the-original-campaign#latest

CAN SOMEONE OF THE MODERATORS MERGE THE THREADS SOMEHOW?