Skip to content

Viconia's Romancing Loop (Throne Of Bhaal)

It appears that I have stumbled upon the infamous romance loop where the dialogue doesn't advance and it repeats itself over and over again. I'm stuck with the "What? What is it Jaluk?" dialogue over and over again. I tried to remove viccy and add her again, talking to her in different locations doesn't help really and I tried about everything except for tinkering with the console commands.

I did try looking online for a fix but that didn't help too much.

Is there any way to advance the romance dialogues, I've been having so many problems with BG2 with romances it's kinda driving me crazy atm.... :/

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @inkblowout, have you seen this at all?

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/27921/viconia-romance-bug

Just remember that CLUAConsole: is now just C:

Gus
  • inkblowoutinkblowout Member Posts: 49
    edited December 2017
    Gusinda said:

Hi @inkblowout, have you seen this at all?

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/27921/viconia-romance-bug

Just remember that CLUAConsole: is now just C:

Gus

Ya I did come across that post. The problem is that the LOVETALK variable is different for Throne of Bhaal (which is stuck at 77 for me when the romance finished in Shadows of Amn.

Edit: Ok so after enough digging around through sorcerer/ironwork gaming and gamefaqs forums I found out I only have 2 dialogues left with her. (The Saradush Destroyed/Alignment Change and the final one at the end of the game.) And they are both triggered by events and few dialogues from realtime since LOVETALK doesn't do squat in ToB.

I guess I'll continue on ignoring the looping dialogue and wait for the cue for it to advance. I mean it really isn't something to worry about.. but it's annoying building up something only to find it bugging out like crazy (for the 3rd time.)
    Post edited by inkblowout on
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    OK. Good luck and have a great chrissy

Gus
  • inkblowoutinkblowout Member Posts: 49
    UPDATED/FIXED: I just wanted to update that the problem is gone. Her dialogue doesn't loop anymore.

I was correct in my guess, the dialogue she gives after Saradush's destruction has completely resolved the issue and even moved on with her other dialogues as well. I guess when Viccy's or any other romance NPC dialogue is triggered by an event... the romance moves on. But not sure why the dialogue kept looping but I'm glad it's not a problem anymore.