Skip to content

Which mods are gonna be available after launch?

I was wondering which Baldur's Gate 1 mods are going to be available within some days after launch. I have grown so accustomed to unlimited stacks of ammo, gems and scrolls that I don't know for sure how I would manage without. Also I am sure there are many other modifications I've grown so used to that I will really miss them if BG:EE is mostly like vanilla...

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    edited November 2012
    I believe the only mod to be confirmed ready at launch is the BG2 Tweaks one, so you'll still be able to get your unlimited stacks. The other mods are still up in the air - but I'd venture a guess that many of the more popular ones will be adopted to the EE quite soon.

It's also possible that some of them might work fairly well on the EE as they are, depending on what parts/files of the game they modify.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Ammo stacks have been generously increased compared to vanilla BG1, though they are not unlimited. Gems stack further too, but I think scrolls are the same.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited November 2012
    It's going to be a vanilla game for me out of the gate, mainly for the sake of future comparisons with mods. Thereafter SCS/SCSII (SCSEE? whatever David Wallace decides to name it for EE) will be mandatory for me. I expect that will be ready very soon after the release of BG:EE next week, as I recall reading a post or two by David to that effect.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    And any mod would depend on a compatible Weidu anyway...