Skip to content

More Player Character Voice Sets

2»

Comments

• TheUncertainManTheUncertainMan Member Posts: 49

did you add it to the relevant 2da?

I created a 2da but I'm not entirely sure if I've done all of it right. I did it a couple of days ago and now I'm away on mobile, so I guess I'm looking for a professional opinion.
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992

did you add it to the relevant 2da?

I created a 2da but I'm not entirely sure if I've done all of it right. I did it a couple of days ago and now I'm away on mobile, so I guess I'm looking for a professional opinion.
    To get the VS to appear in Character creation, you need to ensure that soundset.2da is correctly modified and the SSF is configured correctly.
    Alright, what I'm saying is that I've created a 2da and an ssf to the best of my ability, and I'd like someone to take a look at it and tell me where I've gone wrong. I've been reading some guides, but I'm still a bit unsure.
    Two things:

- gender not set
    - soundset has been completely erased. You need to add an extra line under all previous voicesets.
    Ok. Checking this on an android app.
    So the problem is with the 2da? It looks like I've mistakenly put gender as **** instead of 0?
    And then I should basically take the original 2da file and add my entry right at the bottom?

Ok. Checking this on an android app.
    So the problem is with the 2da? It looks like I've mistakenly put gender as **** instead of 0?
    And then I should basically take the original 2da file and add my entry right at the bottom?

Correct. Guide attached for when you get back home: https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/other/making-custom-voiceset
    Thank you. I guess my voiceset will be available next week.
    Right. Corrected my 2da file, also replaced one of my sounds with a better version - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1J7B-mSMdOF5sJ7DNgSUoZdh7p8GHO-cl

Managed to get it working, sadly without lines above the characters head. Can anyone else test it or critique it?

Right. Corrected my 2da file, also replaced one of my sounds with a better version - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1J7B-mSMdOF5sJ7DNgSUoZdh7p8GHO-cl

Managed to get it working, sadly without lines above the characters head. Can anyone else test it or critique it?

That is a known issue. We are hoping that this will change in the next iteration
  • LibertyisbackLibertyisback Member Posts: 49
    1 question - if i am the only player with that voiceset installed on my machine, will other players on the server hear the voice also?

i think it is the case that the 2da file has to be loaded on every players PC by way of a hakpak and mod right? Otherwise the server will not let the player log in?

What im hoping to have is for the voiceset to be shared as new players login. So if a player arrives which has a voiceset no one else has, then the voiceset (and portrait too) is loaded up to everyone elses PC. I guess that would cause security concenrs and is unfeasible?
    Hmm I think this is a question for someone more knowledge.
    Really hope that would work.
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    You will still be able to log in, but other players simply won't hear your PCs voice
  • CerabelusCerabelus Member Posts: 385
    @Kenji
    Yeah the IWD voice sets are good, I like the one that says "Well..looks like I'm gonna have to go on a killing spree" ?.
    There's also one that sound like Sarevok from BG and one of them sounds a bit like Mark Hamill.