Skip to content

More Player Character Voice Sets

KenjiKenji Member Posts: 251
edited December 2017 in General Discussions NWN:EE
https://trello.com/c/si30FqYl/106-new-pc-voicesets
The above link directs you to the Trello Boards to vote for new voice sets for your player characters.

Here is the full list of voice lines in NWN and their associated shortcuts.
Attack command (VWE)
Battle cry 1 (VWR)
Battle cry 2 (VWR)
Battle cry 3 (VWR)
Heal me command (VWD)
Request help (VWW)
Enemies spotted (VWA)
Time to flee (VWS)
A taunt (VWT)
Guard me command (VWF)
Hold your ground command (VWX)
Grunt when making an attack 1
Grunt when making an attack 2
Grunt when making an attack 3
Grunt when hit by an attack 1
Grunt when hit by an attack 2
Grunt when hit by an attack 3
Dying (only applies to player characters)
Dead
Poisoned
A spell fizzled
A weapon hit but failed to inflict any damage (e.g. because of damage reduction)
Follow me command (VEE)
Something secret was seen (VEW)
Suggest grouping up (VED)
Request someone get out of the way (VES)
Request someone pick a lock (VDW)
Suggest searching for secrets (VDE)
Suggest hiding (VDG)
Something can be done (VDC)
Something cannot be done (VDX)
Something is done (VDA)
Encumbered
An associate was addressed by its master
A greeting (VSS)
"Yes" (VSD)
"No" (VSW)
Suggest stopping (VSE)
Need to rest (VSC)
Boredom (VSX)
A farewell (VSA)
Gratitude (VXX)
Laughter (VXW)
A curse (VXC)
A victorious cheer (VXD)
Have something to say (VXS)
Acknowledge a good idea (VXA)
Acknowledge a bad idea (VXZ)
Warn someone (VXE)
Kenji said:

For a more detailed guide to all-things regarding voice sets, you can take a look at the Custom Content Guide v3.0 found in this link:
https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/custom-content-guide-v30

An already-converted voiceset from Baldur's Gate and Planescape: Torment is also available:
Symphony said:
I personally like the voice sets from Icewind Dale, even though the lines may only fill up about half of these per voice set.

For the incomplete or missing voice lines, I'd suggest putting some kind of text-based place holder and let the imagination of the players do the rest.

If you have any suggestions or files or even mods for this, by all means, share and discuss.
Post edited by Kenji on

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    What do these acronyms mean?
  • KenjiKenji Member Posts: 251
    edited December 2017

What do these acronyms mean?

Those acronyms are actually keys to certain emotes/commands while in game.

ex: While in game, press "V", a menu shows up on top of your chatbox at the left side of your screen.

The options should be:
    "W: Combat"
    "E: Exploration"
    "D: Tasks"
    "S: Social"
    "X: Feelings"

To do attack command, press "W" and then "E", thus the (VWE) next to Attack Command*.
  • TheUncertainManTheUncertainMan Member Posts: 49
    Shandaxx said:

Well, I'm not sure, maybe @TheUncertainMan would like to contribute to this.

I'd absolutely love to.
    I could make a Fighter/Warrior voiceset from my freesound stuff, easily - https://freesound.org/people/theuncertainman/

Then I'd also like to do a Druid or a Ranger of sorts. Maybe a friendly, drunken Dwarf as well.
    Man, I wish I'd started doing this years ago.
    Are the guidelines for making voicesets the same?
    edited December 2017

Are the guidelines for making voicesets the same?

The spoiler tag from the original post is essentially the comprehensive list of voice lines available to player characters. Note that not all of them have to be filled.

For a more detailed guide to all-things regarding voice sets, you can take a look at the Custom Content Guide v3.0 found in this link:
    https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/custom-content-guide-v30
    Awesome, got the guide and I'm ready to start as soon as the holidays are over and done with.
    The pdf mentions I can use Wav 16bit PCM Mono. Anyone know if I can get away with using Wav 32bit PCM Mono?
    Isn't the 3.0 guide quite old?
    NWN: EE boasts much about its backward compatibility, and that applies to the tutorials, as well!

The guide was also updated about 8 months ago from the time of this post (not sure how extensive the update was, however).
  • MadHatterMadHatter Member Posts: 145

Awesome, got the guide and I'm ready to start as soon as the holidays are over and done with.
    The pdf mentions I can use Wav 16bit PCM Mono. Anyone know if I can get away with using Wav 32bit PCM Mono?

@TheUncertainMan You can’t. 16bit mono between 8 and 48khz.

I just put a voice set together tonight and the most annoyingl part was doing the ssf.

MadHatter said:

You can’t. 16bit mono between 8 and 48khz.

I just put a voice set together tonight and the most annoyingl part was doing the ssf.

Cheers mate. I know there's much quality difference, but I would have liked to be able to use the highest quality possible. Perhaps it's something we could suggest on the trello board?
    Please do!
    edited December 2017
    Sadly I can't get my head around Trello at the moment. At least not on my phone. Can anyone else do the honours?
    We basically want support for Wav 32bit PCM, along with anything else beneficial.

Edit: Couldn't figure Trello out and now I'm drunk. Suggested it in two Suggestion threads, so hopefully we can get that added.
    Post edited by TheUncertainMan on
  • VerilazicVerilazic Member Posts: 20
    I'm all for more voicesets in general. Basically, any kind of content that is more difficult for the community to create on its own.
  • MadHatterMadHatter Member Posts: 145
    @Verilazic Good news! I just released 30 monster soundsets on the Vault today and I have ~15 player voicesets that I'm working through.
  • VerilazicVerilazic Member Posts: 20
    MadHatter said:

@Verilazic Good news! I just released 30 monster soundsets on the Vault today and I have ~15 player voicesets that I'm working through.

I saw those! And I'll be checking them out, thanks.
    MadHatter said:

Woah. You've been busy!
    I want to make a clarification about this: perhaps it would be worth making the soundsets more "interactive" - basically, if you issue a "heal me command" and then someone heals you in a short timeframe, make the character say "thank you"!
    Other things could work, but this is the first thing that came off the top of my head.
  • LibertyisbackLibertyisback Member Posts: 49
    edited February 2018

I want to make a clarification about this: perhaps it would be worth making the soundsets more "interactive" - basically, if you issue a "heal me command" and then someone heals you in a short timeframe, make the character say "thank you"!
    Other things could work, but this is the first thing that came off the top of my head.

heh.. no need for that :) there is already a thank you voice you can activate "vxx" unless im mistaken :)

i seem to know all the v commands from muscle memory, all that hectic pvping and everyone on server having v conversations without having to typein chat -.- -- the most relaxing example of pvp that ive ever experienced in mmos.... nwn pvp is still the only mmo that i know of that plays pvp like speed chess.. down to the very last spell, feat or key press..

my favourite to use is still vxe -- issuing that threat to that annoying player who just waxed you yet Again.... so many hilariously acerbic threats :o

heh.. no need for that :) there is already a thank you voice you can activate "vxx" unless im mistaken :)

i seem to know all the v commands from muscle memory, all that hectic pvping and everyone on server having v conversations without having to typein chat -.- -- the most relaxing example of pvp that ive ever experienced in mmos.... nwn pvp is still the only mmo that i know of that plays pvp like speed chess.. down to the very last spell, feat or key press..

my favourite to use is still vxe -- issuing that threat to that annoying player who just waxed you yet Again.... so many hilariously acerbic threats :o
    I know there is one. What I said is for the voiceset to do it automatically.
  • symmetricsymmetric Member Posts: 57
    I made some Baldurs Gate Voice-sets myself for the April 2016 CCC. The voice-sets are more complete than the Infinity Voiceset Conversion, as I sifted through all the Baldurs Gate I/II sound files and cut out suitable pieces.They are also available in both in German and English. However the selection is limited to:
    • Imoen
    • Keldorn
    • Mazzy
    • Minsc 1
    • Minsc 2 (removed references to Minsc and Boo, call me heathen all you want)
    • Safana (English only, German VO is horrible)
    • Tiax (English only, German VO is horrible)
    • Viconia
    • Yoshimo

If you want to try them out be sure to download ccc_2016_04_source instead of ccc_2016_04_hak. The hak version is missing the voice-set haks (as you can guess from the file size, ha!)
  • ZwerkulesZwerkules Member Posts: 112
    Interesting that you only think that Safana's and Tiax' German VO are terrible. I think they are all terrible, but Safana and Tiax' are even worse than the rest.
  • symmetricsymmetric Member Posts: 57
    Oh absolutely, the German BG1 VO is terrible. Apparently everyone is from Saxony.

The BG2 VO on the other hand is actually quite good imho. They got some fairly well-known (voice) actors, some are even doing the German dubs for big Hollywood actors.
    I prefer German Aerie for example
  • LibertyisbackLibertyisback Member Posts: 49
    edited February 2018

um no.. i wouldnt agree with that. i wouldnt want my character in team pvp to say thank you unless i really wanted him to. i cant stop him or her moaning or grunting in death or combat, but i dont want him or her to say things which are not activated by myself. would be embarassing if i really hated my team member and my character suddenly blurted out thanks for a heal. though i guess in the way mmos are played, players would begin to know which are game scripted thank yous and which are player activated thankyous.

um no.. i wouldnt agree with that. i wouldnt want my character in team pvp to say thank you unless i really wanted him to. i cant stop him or her moaning or grunting in death or combat, but i dont want him or her to say things which are not activated by myself. would be embarassing if i really hated my team member and my character suddenly blurted out thanks for a heal. though i guess in the way mmos are played, players would begin to know which are game scripted thank yous and which are player activated thankyous.

Of course they would.
  • fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    I would also very much like new voicesets with a British accent rather than an American - ya know, like Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings... And for diversity. :-)
  • 1varangian1varangian Member Posts: 367
    Non-human PC's need new voice sets the most. Existing voice sets all sound very human, with some of them maybe being suitable for dwarves as well. But elves, halflings and half-orcs need more options. Gnomes can use halfling voices :x.
    Hey guys
    Here is my first attempt at making a voice sets - https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1J7B-mSMdOF5sJ7DNgSUoZdh7p8GHO-cl

I can't seem to get it working when I fire up NWN and go to create a character however.
    Can anyone critique my lines and files?

Also if characters from other races are much needed, I could give it a whirl.

Hey guys
    Here is my first attempt at making a voice sets - https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1J7B-mSMdOF5sJ7DNgSUoZdh7p8GHO-cl

I can't seem to get it working when I fire up NWN and go to create a character however.
    Can anyone critique my lines and files?

Also if characters from other races are much needed, I could give it a whirl.

did you add it to the relevant 2da?