Skip to content

Anyone not gonna play right away?

Probably is blasphemy, but I have *a lot* of time off over Christmas. I'll probably tinker with it when its released but I might wait till I have my Christmas vacation to really get into it. Besides, I'm still on Icewind Dale at the moment and I can't leave my party hanging! I figure the longer I wait, the more that will come out about the game and the more I know to avoid re-starting (cheap I know).

Anyone else in the same boat, or am I a madman?

Comments

• PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    Same here.
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    yeah, I still have new vegas to finish first :/.. I'd also like to wait to see what future patches/DLC will include before playing
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    edited November 2012

yeah, I still have new vegas to finish first :/.. I'd also like to wait to see what future patches/DLC will include before playing

I got that for Christmas last year... still in the shrink. LOL. It took me years to fully beat Baldur's Gate. I play games *so* slow.

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    I'm likely going to hold off awhile before starting a serious playthrough, but it's not related to other activities or lack of time. Rather, I'd like to check out the engine first and see what's changed and what might be possible to do, and also wait for some of the major mods to become adapted for the EE. And then it will probably take me a few days to make a final decision on what kind of character to play.
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    It will probably be Christmas for me, as I'm working on my diploma thesis and my girlfriend is gonna kill me if I spend too much time gaming. I'd like to create some characters and try them out in the Black Pits, though.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    edited November 2012

Probably is blasphemy, but I have *a lot* of time off over Christmas. I'll probably tinker with it when its released but I might wait till I have my Christmas vacation to really get into it. Besides, I'm still on Icewind Dale at the moment and I can't leave my party hanging! I figure the longer I wait, the more that will come out about the game and the more I know to avoid re-starting (cheap I know).

Anyone else in the same boat, or am I a madman?

You're insane

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I'm thinking I won't get into it for a couple of days after release. Just enough time to roll stats...
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644

You're insane

Those the gods wish to destroy, they first make mad! Mad... MAAAAAAAD!!!!
  • SassaroliSassaroli Member Posts: 12
    Waiting for the linux version, tbh
  • SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
    I may wait until perhaps a mod similar to NPCProject and SCS come out (unless they're already ready for the EE version.)
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    As soon as I have integrated myself into my new work i will play it. To timeconsuming when you cant let go;)
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    You sir, are a madman, but I will have a full day to play upon release, so there is that too.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Well I would have said of course not, but a certain someone pointed out that KOTOR was on Steam sale for £1.74, so now I may have to wait until I've finished KOTOR first...
  • allhailsteveallhailsteve Member Posts: 210
    I will play as soon as possible, work allowing.
  • Jean_LucJean_Luc Member Posts: 228
    Today almost no game is worth playing (or even buying except to support the devs) right after release. BG:EE will be no exception for me.

Will wait for some updates/patches/dlc/mods then I'll reassess the situation, probably in a couple of months, and then I'll play...or not, depending on the assessment.
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    I just finished BGI in BGT with swashbuckler/wizard dual class and Imoen XP-cap-less and do kick some serious butt in BGII, there's no way I'd leave my fellow sister of murder in the hands of the horny wizards of Spellhold :D
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    Yeah, I'm waiting until winter break.
  • SpuzzinSpuzzin Member Posts: 8
    Would love to play straight away but I'll probably end up waiting till Christmas at least to see what mods are released. Like many people SCS is top of my list of must have mods.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    I won't play probably for the next few months, studies..
  • CyhortCyhort Member Posts: 78
    I'll wait a little bit maybe just to find out which character is the bi one so I can create my character accordingly.
  • Ulfgar_TorunnUlfgar_Torunn Member Posts: 169
    @HaHaCharade

I'm in a very similar situation, I have finals coming up in early December and don't want to muck about on the computers for hours a day. Furthermore I too am invested in Icewind Dale at the moment.

It's really a great game, it's combat is much better than Baldur's Gate 1, but the story/characters are nothing special. All in all a worthy cousin to 'the greatest RPG of all time'.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I probably won't, started GTA4 again.
  • jolly_bbjolly_bb Member Posts: 122
    waiting for iPad version. Then i'll start. I'm not starting Halo4 becouse of BGEE.
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    WRONG!... I am going to bathe in the glory of bg as soon as i can ; P
  • MuninMunin Member Posts: 95
    What, are you nucking futs? I wanna chunk me some hobgoblin butt NOW.
  • colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
    @hahacharade You sir are madder than Narcillicus Harwilliger Neen. Play now, and play again later!
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    I'm at Uni until 15th December. So excited to play it, but I'll probably just order it off Amazon to home and play it when I get back over. Waaay more free time that way, too, anyway.
    I'll probably avoid the Internet though (or at least the BG pockets of it), to avoid going into the game knowing EVERYTHING about the new content. That'd be no fun. I'll go into the game knowing nothing but what was pre-released. :)
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    OK - New playthrough idea inspired by this thread:
    Tantric-Baldurs gate.
    Tease your self by experiencing a small amount of it every night.
    Night 1 = Character generater
    Night 2 = Candlekeep tutorial
    etc
  • allhailsteveallhailsteve Member Posts: 210
    ajwz said:

OK - New playthrough idea inspired by this thread:
    Tantric-Baldurs gate.
    Tease your self by experiencing a small amount of it every night.
    Night 1 = Character generater
    Night 2 = Candlekeep tutorial
    etc

I'm afraid to say I'd be "finished" before I'd even selected my class on night one.