Skip to content

Anyone not gonna play right away?

2»

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122

ajwz said:

OK - New playthrough idea inspired by this thread:
    Tantric-Baldurs gate.
    Tease your self by experiencing a small amount of it every night.
    Night 1 = Character generater
    Night 2 = Candlekeep tutorial
    etc

I'm afraid to say I'd be "finished" before I'd even selected my class on night one.
    If you find you are about to "enjoy" yourself, go back to the stat screen and click reroll a few more times to delay it.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I have waited additional two and half months, so naturally I will play right away, even If I don't have as much time to do so as I would like to have.
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599

Probably is blasphemy, but I have *a lot* of time off over Christmas. I'll probably tinker with it when its released but I might wait till I have my Christmas vacation to really get into it. Besides, I'm still on Icewind Dale at the moment and I can't leave my party hanging! I figure the longer I wait, the more that will come out about the game and the more I know to avoid re-starting (cheap I know).

Anyone else in the same boat, or am I a madman?

I'm actually in a similar situation, I'm playing through IWD at the moment, and it would be more convenient to wait until I don't have class in a couple of weeks to start playing.

But I'm pretty sure that come Nov. 28, as soon as the game is playable, I'll abandon my IWD playthrough (and my studies to a lesser extent) and start playing. I doubt I'll have the self-discipline to resist.
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    I'm going to put off playing a _serious_ game until a couple mods I love are updated, namely rogue rebalancing and sword coast stratagems. Additionally, there should be some official / unofficial updates by that point, so the whole experience will just be better.