Skip to content

BWP (or equivalent) install for BG:EE/BG2:EE?

enderandrewenderandrew Member Posts: 23
If I have the Enhanced Editions and Siege of Dragonspear, is it possible to do a Big World Project install on the Enhanced Editions?

Is there a current guide for this somewhere? Over at the SHS forums, the BWP thread hasn't been touched in 2 years and it even looks like the current version of the batch file has a typo that breaks the script.

Amazingly enough I've beaten the first BG a few times and started a BWP playthrough a few years ago where I only got through the first game again, but I've never really played the second. I need to fix that at some point.

I'd like to do a playthrough with the best the community has to offer, primarily focusing on new areas, quests and dialogue. Community bug fixes are also a must.

Thanks!

Comments

• PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    BWP only supports the *classic* game and has decided to discriminate EE and the EEdiots that play it.
    For the EEs there is an improved new mod created that has more/better features than old BGT, it's called Enhanced Edition Trilogy (EET). It covers most of the known mods from BGT + some new ones and improved versions of the old big mods for BGT.
    You can't miss it if you look for EET on SHS or gibberlings3 - beamdogs don't like it that much as it's not their product but something they missed to do.
  • enderandrewenderandrew Member Posts: 23
    Awesome. I'm looking at BWS for EET. It is nice that it downloads the mods for you, where as BWP used to have you hunt down and download all the files manually.

I'm trying to figure out which mods to include.

Are there any NPCs designed for EET to play through the whole saga? I assume most of the NPCs were designed as either BG1 or BG2 mods at one point.

Check the Bodies, Region of Terror and Secret of Bone Hill are Big Mods. From their description it sounds like they add tons of content and they seem interesting, but are red and disabled by default. Are they safe to enable, or will it break things?

EET Tweaks, Faith and Powers and Scales of Balance are disabled even under Tactical.

Baldur's Gate Graphics Overhaulfor EET and BGT sounds awesome. Is it only red because of the download size and that it is a pre-release? If it isn't known to break anything, I'm willing to give it a try.

Almateria's Restoration Project is in red. A quick Google search and check of the thread for that mod says the error is only from "Restored Final Slayer Dream". So I assume this might be safe to install if I disable option 11 and 12?

• PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited December 2017

Awesome. I'm looking at BWS for EET. It is nice that it downloads the mods for you, where as BWP used to have you hunt down and download all the files manually.

I'm trying to figure out which mods to include.

Are there any NPCs designed for EET to play through the whole saga? I assume most of the NPCs were designed as either BG1 or BG2 mods at one point.

Check the Bodies, Region of Terror and Secret of Bone Hill are Big Mods. From their description it sounds like they add tons of content and they seem interesting, but are red and disabled by default. Are they safe to enable, or will it break things?

EET Tweaks, Faith and Powers and Scales of Balance are disabled even under Tactical.

Baldur's Gate Graphics Overhaulfor EET and BGT sounds awesome. Is it only red because of the download size and that it is a pre-release? If it isn't known to break anything, I'm willing to give it a try.

Almateria's Restoration Project is in red. A quick Google search and check of the thread for that mod says the error is only from "Restored Final Slayer Dream". So I assume this might be safe to install if I disable option 11 and 12?

Some feedback from my own large install and playthrough:
    Sandrah Saga is especially designed for this but beware, read the readme carefully or you get more than you expected. I'm a big fan of it but I'm aware it's not everybody's expectation of an NPC - actually it isn't even an NPC but almost a second protagonist.
    Some *split* NPCs are done in a way that they can be kept over the Saga, e.g. Sirene NPC.

Those are old BGT mega mods that have been renovated for EET. I played them with success. BWS is just cautious it seems, because technically much has been changed.

You must decide on your own settings for those mods in BWS, it doesn't give you defaults. I use EET_Tweaks to reduce XP etc with all the many mods installed, and some F+P components as well. I skipped Scales because of issues with it in large installs. But that's my preferences.

I skipped those mods as they can even cause CtDs and I miss nothing without them. I can't comment on single errors or components, just happily follow BWS here and not ruin my install with those.
    Bleriot