Skip to content

Save file corrupted

Hey everyone. I purchased bg2ee on my Samsung Galaxy Tab E, version of the Android is 4.4.4. I also purchased new characters Dorn and Neera. The game has been running pretty much well since the beginning and I haven't had any issues until now. I hit the Quicksave button and the game crashed to the desktop. The save slot doesn't work anymore. Everytime I try to load a game it stops running and crashes to the desktop. The slot is actually weird. The window and the other windows for characters got black, the only visible thing is the number of days in the game. Tried to reinstall the whole game and copy the save file but it's the same thing and doesn't work. My bad that I don't have any other possible recent save. Autosave disappeared totally. I guess it's lost but if you have any suggestions to fix it I would be very grateful.

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @aligator, welcome to the forum.

Have you tried to clear the cache for the game? If you are unaware how, go to the Application Manager and find the game. There should be a button in there to Clear Cache...

Another question is: Does the problem occur if you start a new game or is it only with the game?

Could you upload the saved game (in a zipped format)?

Gus
  • aligatoraligator Member Posts: 6
    Hi Gusinda.I tried to clear the cache but unfortunately it didnt help. The problem is only at the specific save file i think. When I try to start a new game, Quicksave button works and the slot as well.
    The zip file is attached below, thank you for the effort!
    edited January 2018
    G'Day @aligator, one thing I forgot to ask was which version are you running. If it is android 1.3.2064, then it looks as if your file is likely corrupt as it wont open at all. I tried using 1.3.2064 (both Windows and Android) as well as 2.3.67.3 (Windows). Wouldn't open in EEKeeper, but it did in NearInfinity. The .gam seemed to be good but the .sav would decompress, so no luck in the end... Interestingly, all your .bmp are zero bytes in size so contain nothing.

I don't have 2.5 beta as I have GoG version for Windows and not at home to get the android update... so if you are running 2.5 beta, I can't do anything as I don't know the compatibility between versions yet.

Gus

Edit:
    Was playing around a bit more (and not sure what the impact will be), but I deleted the .sav (keeps track of where you have been, what's in your bags etc...) component, and the game started and I did a Quick-Save. It rebuilt all of your bmp again and your .sav (I doubt whether it was able to revive everything but you would be a better judge). I have attached the file but I guess you would also be able to delete the .sav file and start the game just to see what happens...

Edit 2:
    If you want to know about the files themselves and what they do, have a look here:
    .GAM - IESDP
    .SAV - IESDP
    Post edited by Gusinda on
    Thank you sir! You probably saved my game and life hah. I deleted the sav file and it launched. I need to test it properly but everything seemed to be okay so far. Thank you one more time for all!
    @aligator, Don't forget that the .sav file contains information that you will probably (areas visited and Bag of Holding/Scroll Case/Gem Bag contents, world map info etc) need and a restart of the game may be likely anyway. All your global variables, journal entries etc should be good.

Gus
    Yes you are right. The game works but everything is completely reset. Map is undiscovered and NPCs behave like I hadn't met them before. The version of the game is 1.3.2064 BTW.