Skip to content

Finally a Gameplay Trailer!

Comments

• LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    Mungri said:

I peed inside my pantaloons.

And that's why the pantaloons that you were asked to wash but never did were golden.

._. Never touching the copper pantaloons again.

Never. Again.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Troika said:

Nice trailer. Seems to me like they added just the right amount of gui updates. I especially like the zoom feature.

A downside for some might be the Baldurs Gate 2 look and models but I think it was the right choice, especially considering the team is going to port BG2 next.

Although at least he models and paperdolls get the correct BG1-style shields, woot! :-)

Also the new paperdolls are *much* better

• cyberarmycyberarmy Member Posts: 128
    Oh boy my hype-o-meter just exploded :/ Good thing im playing Kotor 2 nowadays eases me pain ^_^
  • IgnatiusIgnatius Member Posts: 624
    From the look of it, it is an amazing job that respects the spirit of the game. Congratulations and thanks a lot to all those involved.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,196
    edited November 2012
    I'm little puzzled by the multi-color circles of party NPCs. They seem to match color of cloathing, instead of being just green.
    The game looks awesome anyway. I was afraid about the GUI look, but it is good, especially inventory and character screen.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    @Pecca that's right, they match the color of their clothes. But you'll be able to toggle that off if you don't like it.
  • HexHammerHexHammer Member Posts: 288
    Where is Safrana

I wonder if the colour scheme is modable? I mean, it looks awesome an all, but I know part of me will just want that old light grey colour :).

Ye, what he said, the new look isn't to my taste, the old was far more classy!

• HexHammerHexHammer Member Posts: 288

Mungri said:

I peed inside my pantaloons.

And that's why the pantaloons that you were asked to wash but never did were golden.

._. Never touching the copper pantaloons again.

Never. Again.
    But it's u'r destiny! Else not cake for you!

• LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318

Is it just me, or did they tone down that blue background? ;)

It does look like they did. I actually had come around to really liking the more intense blue and shiny gold that they had originally unveiled in screens on the forum back when. But obviously it's impossible to please everyone, much less perfectly please them. Anyway, it's very nice looking in the more muted style too.
    edited November 2012
    When I first saw this I eagerly clicked on the video and viewed it in the default lower resolution. I was like, umm.... :/

Then I noticed in the topic-starter post to change the resolution setting for the video to 1080p. And I was like... Oh yeah, now we're talkin'! Sweet!

Looks like EE is going to be a total blast.
  • AenorAenor Member Posts: 64

Is it just me, or did they tone down that blue background? ;)

I'm pretty sure the colour blue is the same as before. It's the golden edges that are a bit less shiny.

Trailer looks great. All my (tiny) doubts and worries are evaporating pretty quick.
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    Does anyone know why our characters have different circle colors ? Some are green, and white, red or yellow...
    edited November 2012
    @Seldar Apparently there is a UI option (?) to have the circles match the character's main clothing color, versus all green.
  • LuckyLucky Member Posts: 645
    i think this blue color is awesome. And this 'zooming' looks also great, hope it'll work during the game. Can't wait.
  • gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    edited November 2012
    I burst into laughter when rashad was almost killed by the fireball at around second 45. Who was playing this group?!
    Best scene is this elf shouting: get out of my sight before i burn your eyes from their sockets
    I like this guy
  • kaleidozkaleidoz Member Posts: 1
    hmm..what is that cheering sound i kept hearing during combat? i hope that's just in the trailer, not in actual game:D
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @kaleidoz

Its the crowd watching the fights in the Black Pits.
  • LiggLigg Member Posts: 187
    edited November 2012
    At 1.02 "Get out of my sight before I burn your eyes from their sockets!"
    I hope you've paid my mother royalties for that line.
    Post edited by Ligg on
  • srvksrvk Member Posts: 65
    edited November 2012
    No one mentioned on the easter egg...
    (from the source code of the webpage)
    "please send help, trapped in a baldur's gate factory. keldorn keeps lecturing me :( "
    Is this it?

edit:
    look at 0:37. The journal lists Dorn Il-Khan. I wonder if this is a quest not yet announced or a journal entry describing how Il-Khan joins your party
    edited November 2012
    srvk said:

look at 0:37. The journal lists Dorn Il-Khan. I wonder if this is a quest not yet announced or a journal entry describing how Il-Khan joins your party

Rasaad is also listed there, so I would think it's the journal entry headings for the quests for both NPCs. If so, it follows that Neera will have her quest documented in the journal as well.
    Wow, the gameplay trailer, as of Saturday morning (in the UK) has now had 133,413 views! :-)
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Half of those are mine...
    For some reason one of the bits in the trailer that I loved the most was the clip of Winthrop in Candlekeep (I never could quite work out what he's saying though, "My hotel's as clean as an elven house (although it sounds like 'arse'!)"??), made me feel extremely nostalgic! :-)
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    He does say arse, I'm pretty sure.
    He does indeed say "elven arse."
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Tr_ond said:

one of the best of @Tr_ond
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    ^^ LOL ^^
  • Tr_ondTr_ond Member Posts: 496
    Very happy about the trailer, The GUI looks nice, the journal, inventory screen, everything looks nice.
    Looking forward to firing the old bastard back up and see if my nostalgia addled brain can find any changes others haven`t already pointed out. doubt it hehe.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited November 2012
    GET OUT OF MY SIGHT BEFORE I BURN YOUR EYES FROM THE SOCKETS !!

Hes pissed off !!

Epic !!!!!
  • kansasbarbariankansasbarbarian Member Posts: 206
    I hear it but its black for me.