Skip to content

Will the Deity slot actually do anything in EE?

one of the things i did like about NWN2 was that your choice of Deity actually allowed some extra dialogue options. In NWN1 the deity slot really didn't do much as far as i was aware unless you were playing on some PWs. will that be changed with EE?

Comments

• ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    I like the idea from nwn2 with Deity selection screen affecting domains and one suggestion in this forum that it be a drop-down menu read from a 2da. I made my own deity system in my base but it could be improved with some of these suggestions. Most deity stuff must be scripted/put in conversation to make a difference in-game, that comes down to the module designer. Ask for suggestion on modules from the vault that have good deity dialogue options. If BD makes an expansion we should highly suggest deity choice influences game conversation/outcomes/options etc..
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    Having better character creation control would be good, like filtering classes, domains, spells, and feats on deity selection and alignment choices.

Scripting with deities was always possible I think but having it work seamlessly and not require hijinks like de-leveling a character for incorrect choices, or forcing them to select a deity that matches their domains from a conversation menu, should be seriously considered.
  • SaintPhillipSaintPhillip Member Posts: 59
    Would it be possible (or does something exist) to create a calendar system with events that happened during times geared towards the deity choices- Could be as simple as a feast that certain NPC's celebrate to grating buffs/debuffs on certain days based on your deity or location events and such?

I'm really, really considering working on implementing an adventure I wrote in Pathfinder into this game and am starting to see what is capable in a pw/adventure module and deity choice would be important (and it would be limited to just a few for this adventure which im certain would be easy to do that part)
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    You should probably look at SetCalendar(int nYear, int nMonth, int nDay), GetCalendarYear(), GetCalendarMonth, GetCalendarDay(), GetDeity(object oCreature) for that.
  • StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    For some reason Monty Pythons “Jehova ! Jehova ! Jehova !“ comes to mind