Skip to content

On Duty

Wow, I'm really late to the party, I only found out about the NWN:EE a few days ago. Of course exciting news, the two NWN games are my fondest multiplayer memories and ever since I left the scene I was searching for something similar. Back in NWN1 days I was quite active on the two servers Nexus and Vives, in NWN on the wonderful Dammendrech. Also dabbled a little in building myself, a PW project called Middleforest, but was maybe so overambitious that I never finished anything.
Two of the three reasons why I finally stopped playing might be adressed by the Enhanced Edition, that's why I'm really excited now - first, the whole GameSpy issue and additional steps required for online play really kept new players away, second the demise of the original NWNVault at IGN and further splitting of the community.
I'm also happy to see the return of the Mac version, even though I have Windows to play on too I miss the quick game between OS X tasks without rebooting, oh, and it might even run on my Macbook Air.
Anyway, even though I haven't bought the EE yet I really hope I'm allowed to give some feedback too, basically I was triggered by the Parry discussion and felt I have to sign up just to prevent the good Beamdog folks from removing it. :)
Now I have the building itch again, thanks for that!
tbone1

Comments

• TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Welcome aboard. Enjoy your stay, your welcoming cookie should arrive shortly.

@Nimran
    [Deleted User]
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Haha!

*throws a :cookie:*
    Torgrimmer
  • ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 424
    welcome!
  • Garvin77Garvin77 Member Posts: 52
    Don't feel bad; I didn't even know the original games existed until a year or two ago, and, when doing a Google search for 'baldur's gate', I came across Beamdog, and only recently got around to purchasing their entire line-up of Enhanced Editions (capitalism and being unemployed does have its disadvantages... especially capitalism). From what I've heard, the original Baldur's Gates, Icewind Dales, and Planescape: Torment had several features implemented to make them intentionally more difficult (which Beamdog thankfully removed!), so I'll probably never get to experience them (I'm rather terrible at forming strategies, so strategy-heavy games tend be uncompletable for me, even though many of them look quite fun).

Anyway, welcome to the Beamdog forums, the official place to discuss the Infinity Engine Enhanced Edition games! I hope you enjoy all of these excellent Enhanced Editions!