Skip to content

Wiki for NWN EE?

There is a lot of NWN wiki's out there, unfortunately a lot of them are plagued with tons of ads and junk or outdated material. Could we get an "official" beam dog wiki that is ad free and tracks current EE game?

I'm mostly interested in building aspects, but would be helpful for players too.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    There're no plans for an official wiki.

Maybe something similar to improvements to the Baldur's Gate wiki (which are simply awesome) can be made here. Everyone posting reports on updating the wiki will get free promotes!
  • FinalStandFinalStand Member Posts: 87
    Here is the NWN wiki: http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Personally I feel wikia is hot garbage and would rather have a ad-free media wiki.

• FinalStandFinalStand Member Posts: 87
    This looks like a much better one to start with: https://nwnlexicon.com/
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    I think I heard that neverwintervault actually hosts nwnlexicon now but that there was a problem with permissions so it's vulnerable to spam hacks.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,282

I think I heard that neverwintervault actually hosts nwnlexicon now but that there was a problem with permissions so it's vulnerable to spam hacks.

True, hosted at the vault. The spam issue is now resolved, though some repairs are outstanding.

I'm not sure who has the keys to the player wikia, nor can I speak for the vault, but I'd vote for migration there, as a separate ad free wiki in the same format.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    The NWN Wikia is the definitive NWN player's wiki for class/spell/feat/whatever reference and its been around since May 2005. The_Krit administrates the NWN Wikia and has made 20k+ edits to it since November 2005.

The NWN Lexicon is dedicated to the scripting part of NWN and comparing it to the Wikia is like comparing apples to oranges.

If its ads you're worried about, use Firefox and install the NoScript and uBlock Origin extensions. I use both of those and I never have to deal with ads anywhere.