There's currently a forum problem with avatars not showing
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available
in the Beamdog store.
For a Sorcerer: Horrid Wilting or Incendiary Cloud?
These are both the top damage spells in the Arcane caster's repertoire.
- Has Greater instantaneous damage (20-160 in one round at max level)
- Is Party Friendly (affects only hostile creatures)
- Deals Magic Damage (Resistance less commonly found in enemies)
- Has a smaller radius (16 ft.) [as stated by the wiki]
- Has no Additional Damage over time
- Has Lesser instantaneous damage (20-80 in one round at max level)
- NOT Party friendly (unless you have 100 or more Fire Resistance for all characters, or any other protective magic)
- Deals Fire Damage (Resistance more commonly found in enemies)
- Has a larger radius (30 ft.) [as per the wiki]
- Deals Damage over time, culminating in greater total damage (20-80 damage per round, so total of 200-800 damage over 1 turn, provided you can hold your enemy within the cloud)
So, which one would you choose for a Sorcerer?
(Note: I didn't give a "Both" option, since as a Sorcerer, one can hardly afford to choose redundant spells (in this case, AoE Damage spells) from the same level.
For a Sorcerer: Horrid Wilting or Incendiary Cloud? 39 votes