Skip to content

[Windows] Can't Finish the Game - Soth Engineering Book Bug?

I'm in the Wyrm's Tooth and talked to Soth about his research.
Soth is supposed to hand over an engineering book to help fix the bridge in the SW corner.
I apparently didn't get the actual book although I did get the XP for this quest. He also didn't drop the book on the ground when I freed the slaves.

Anyway, I can't finish the game now which is very frustrating. I have all the other badges.

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @cantrips,

Do you have a save game prior to that point? Also, are you using any mods?
  • cantripscantrips Member Posts: 12
    No and no :(
  • cantripscantrips Member Posts: 12
    I used EE Keeper (character editor) to put the book in my inventory...all is well.
  • SteellordSteellord Member Posts: 4
    Has this bug been fixed without having to use an editor to complete the quest? I am at this point in the game and would like to continue the game without using an editor.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    @cantrips , @Steelord and others (who want to help) - can you please check if this issue still happen in the 2.5 beta, please.

If it's still happening, we need a save to continue trying to figure out what's going wrong.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

@cantrips , @Steelord and others (who want to help) - can you please check if this issue still happen in the 2.5 beta, please.

If it's still happening, we need a save to continue trying to figure out what's going wrong.

i played the 2.5 version quite a bit for IWD, never had this problem, although you have to make sure to go to the bridge first and have the message come up saying that its a broken bridge and could be fixed, because if that pop up doesnt come up about the bridge you cant ask soth for the book