Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Help importing a final saved game from tablet to laptop

So from what I have read on several topics in this forum, importing save files from mobile device to pc and laptop are indeed possible. I beat Baldur's Gate EE on my Android tablet, still have the save files, and just got Siege of Dragonspear for my new laptop.

I have located the save file in my tablet's data, and have tried to create a new "save" folder in the SOD game folder, and paste my save file in there. But nothing shows up when I select import option.

Just fyi, I went ahead and got a laptop version of BG EE, but it is blank with no save file information on it. Is it possible to bypass this and import directly from the android, or do I have to somehow import to laptop version of BG EE first, then to SOD?

Somebody please help, I want my old party back.

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 549
    @Swordfry, welcome to the forum. This may or may not work... You are importing a game that is from version 1.3.x into a 2.3.x game. It might only be small differences, and not sure of the impact on the game, but no harm in trying.

When you install and start BGEE, it creates a folder in your Documents folder where all the save are stored (and therfore not in your game folder). Your documents folder should look something like this:

..\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition

Inside that folder, you would have a number of other folders:
    \portraits (where you put your custom portraits)
    \save (where BGEE saves are stored)
    \sodsave (where SOD saves are stored)

and a couple of others but these are the ones you want right now. If they are not created due to not starting/saving a game, then just create them.

Copy your tablet saved game (making sure you include the folder that it lives in) to:

..\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\save

then start SoD, single player, import game.

Hopefully this will then show the saved game. Again, not sure whether it bring bring in all the variables, but I am sure you will see any problem. I gave it a quick try from 1.3.x to 2.3.x and the game imported at least.

Happy Gaming
    Gus

RAM021JuliusBorisov