Skip to content

Shadows of Amn Duplicating NPCs Bug

thebardthebard Member Posts: 12
In multiple multiplayer games I've been experiencing the same bug.
Pheasants appear in areas they shouldn't, and multiply when our party leaves an area and comes back to it. Sometimes there are so many pheasants that we can't even walk to our destination. I haven't been able to find a real fix for this. This has been happening in all my MP games.

The second bug which I'm experiencing seems to be the same issue, but I'm finding the Djinn and High Watcher Oisig in random areas. Half of the areas I visit in the game have multiple copies of these characters in them and I must close dialogue with the Djinn twenty times a day if I get too close to it, and in this case it's breaking a quest and causing it to be unfinishable.

I did find this forum post but there was no real fix other than removing npcs from the game permanently. I need High Watcher Oisig for another quest and I'd like to keep the pheasants in the game as long as they work normally so I'd like to keep these NPCs in my game.

https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/29479

Does anyone have a suggestion for how to stop this from happening? It's extremely annoying and game breaking. I really hope this bug gets fixed. So far it's been a big stretch to call this the "enhanced" edition.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    We're sorry about the time customers from the Mac App store have to wait for the next patch.

As soon as the 2.5 patch finishes the beta stage, it will be available across all stores and platforms, including the Mac App Store. We thank every Mac App Store customer for being patient.
    http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/01/january-12-livestream-recap.html

As for the bug 29479, it is in the works for the 2.5 patch.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286

@JuliusBorisov: According to redmine #29479 is closed because #23342 is the same, but the latter bug is 'fixed' in v2.2.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725

@JuliusBorisov: According to redmine #29479 is closed because #23342 is the same, but the latter bug is 'fixed' in v2.2.
    Not quite correct. #23342 is "found" in v2.2, not fixed. #29479 is indeed closed as a dupe ("fixed" there is a typo). #23342 has an internal ticket #15982 which is in the process.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286

Not quite correct. #23342 is "found" in v2.2, not fixed. #29479 is indeed closed as a dupe ("fixed" there is a typo). #23342 has an internal ticket #15982 which is in the process.
    You are correct, my bad.

• thebardthebard Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for the update on this. Glad to know something is being done, I've had this game for years now and was losing hope honestly.
    For more than 5 years already, Beamdog has been supporting the BG franshise and fixing bugs. The road continues!