Skip to content

Toolset Access Violation When Building Module

I am getting an error when I do a module build, when I select 'Missing Resources' and under that, 'Creatures'. I can build my module successfully checking all of the build options except for the 'Creatures' checkbox under 'Missing Resources', but as soon as I try to include that one I get an Access Violation Message.

I have gone through all of the creature blueprints (I only have 20 or so) and checked for naming conflicts, inventory item issues, etc, and can't find anything wrong with any of it. All of the creatures show up fine in the preview window and spawn fine in encounters.

The message says:
Access Violation at address 00724212 in module 'nwntoolset.exe'. Read of address 00000004.


Comments

  • zunathzunath Member Posts: 92
    I've been getting this too but I thought it was a hak issue with the packages I was using. Are you using hakpaks?
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,079
    Load each area in your toolset from the module and see if they all open. Maybe a placed monster in an area that is somehow no longer part of your hakpak? If the area returns a violation error you have found the problem (a monster with no reference that at one point had one but has been removed via hakpak editing or removal).
  • zunathzunath Member Posts: 92
    I think this may be a bug with 8155. I took the same module (the d20 2.1 base module) and built it in the 1.69 toolset. Builds fine there.

    Then I did the same thing in the 8155 EE toolset and got this error.

    Clearly an issue with custom content, but it's worth calling out because it makes the module not backwards compatible as it is.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,307
    This is problem known to the developers. If you want, you can create a public bug report so that we could link it with our internal ticket.
    zunath
  • GlassmelterGlassmelter Member Posts: 38
    zunath said:

    I've been getting this too but I thought it was a hak issue with the packages I was using. Are you using hakpaks?

    I am using haks, but I never had this problem with the 1.69 toolset, and I haven't added any creatures to them (or taken any away) since I started this mod, so it's not a hak change that is responsible.

    Load each area in your toolset from the module and see if they all open. Maybe a placed monster in an area that is somehow no longer part of your hakpak? If the area returns a violation error you have found the problem (a monster with no reference that at one point had one but has been removed via hakpak editing or removal).

    I don't have any creatures placed, only encounters. And I haven't changed my creature hak since beginning the module. I am rebuilding my whole persistent world (*cries*) from scratch because my OCD needs me to do it without all of the exciting but baffling inconsistencies that resulted from four separate people writing scripts and naming objects the last time around, so everything is being very carefully added to a clean module.

    This is problem known to the developers. If you want, you can create a public bug report so that we could link it with our internal ticket.

    OK, I will :) Thanks for letting me know that it was a known issue. I've been thinking about all of the things I might have to deconstruct to try to troubleshoot it if it was my own issue, and am very glad not to have to bother.
    zunath
  • GlassmelterGlassmelter Member Posts: 38
    Here is the link to the public bug ticket: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/35130
    JuliusBorisovzunathfot1
Sign In or Register to comment.