Skip to content

Pre-load: Let's turbo it

I saw that there is a "turbo" option for the beamdog client. Activating this seems to activate P2P download, meaning you download from other people as well as from beamdog meaning everybody downloads faster.

So, I encourage everybody to activate turbo, (this might also help on the 28th) =)

Comments

• AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, I am aware of that, but I would think it would be cool if we could make the beamdog client function better. Seems more hassle free :)
    Post edited by Aristillius on
  • drsahldrsahl Member Posts: 65
    I only used 3% of my connecting when preloading, but it still only took 30 mins or so.. so don't worry.. all should have preloaded before the release ^^

And yes p2p do help alot.. I will give you guys tons of upload ^^
  • GloktaGlokta Member Posts: 97
    @mlnevese

Thank you, good sir!
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    edited November 2012
    I'm downloading it whole day and... 200MB, lol.

Give mie more turbo or Boo will eat you:

/\_ /\
    (@.@ )
    (=o=)
    "-- "
  • futhwofuthwo Member Posts: 12
    Helm bless bittorrent :)
  • ArthmoorArthmoor Member Posts: 9
    Downloading at 100K/sec, but it'll be done in 4 hours or so. Plenty of other stuff I can do while that's running :)
  • GloktaGlokta Member Posts: 97
    My upload speed was way higher then my down speed, not that it mathers, think it took me around 3-4 hours or something, cant say i payed much attention to it :)
    Ill start the seed again tonight o/
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    I did it overnight, not sure how long it took, but at one point was reading between 10-20 B/per second O.o

No worries, I'm just hoping they spring on a "haha you can play it now pre-ordererers!" thing.....