Skip to content

Stuck in dialog mode after talking to Rielev

If I talk to Rielev, I get stuck in dialog mode and can't get out of it. Any solutions? I'm using EET.

Comments

• fbencefbence Member Posts: 29
    Is there for example a variable I can edit with clua?
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    Can you post a savegame?
    Or quote a specific line of dialogue.
    And tell who is in your party.
    How do I post a savegame? It happens with just me and Imoen and also with me, Imoen and Jaheira. I finish the conversation with Rielev (which automatically triggers if I try to approach a table, so I'm unable to skip it) get the battery and xp and then seemingly nothing happens, but Imoen "appears to be busy", and if I try to save or rest it says I can't because I'm in dialog mode and if I give any commands, say moving they behave in a very weird way, moving a bit and then stopping. It's like Imoen is trying to trigger a conversation but it is somehow not happening. I tried a few times trying different things, and on one occasion Jaheira had a conversation with me, but then it got stuck again. I tried talking to Rielev without Imoen, but if I kick her out she leaves for some tavern and I had no option to ask her to stay there (I think this is a mod thing).
    Try this
    C:SetGlobal("Rielev","LOCALS",2)
    Note that this is LOCALS, so you must have Imoen selected and cursor over Imoen's portrait when you hit *enter*.
    Thanks, it worked! What exactly did this do? Did it set her reaction to rielev as something that has happened?
    fbence said:

Thanks, it worked! What exactly did this do? Did it set her reaction to rielev as something that has happened?

Exactly.

It is like you described in your detailed post. Imoen tried to initiate the post Rielev dialogue but did not find the respective talk in her dialogue file. It made her *stutter* like you described.
    Now that you can save again, you should either post a savegame or look into a save yourself with Near Infinity to see which dialogue file is assigned to Imoen in the dungeon.
    Also make sure by looking into *weidu.log* in the BG2EE folder that you have EET_end mod installed.
    Something is definitely not right, because it says I had the move items to SoA installed, and also the protagonist can die thing and I definitely trigger the death scene, nor did I have any items imported from SoD to SoA.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~EET/EET.TP2~ #0 #0 // EET core - resource importation: 1.0 RC9.2
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1001 // Edwin appearance -> BG2: 1.7
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1011 // Imoen appearance -> BG2: 1.7
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1021 // Jaheira appearance -> BG2: 1.7
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1031 // Minsc appearance -> BG2: 1.7
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1041 // Viconia appearance -> BG2: 1.7
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1050 // Cameo NPCs appearance: 1.7
    // Recently Uninstalled: ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2002 // Total XP CAP -> Disabled: 1.7
    // Recently Uninstalled: ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // XP for Traps, Spells and Lockpicking -> BG1 values (default): 1.7
    // Recently Uninstalled: ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Disable hostile reaction after charm: 1.7
    // Recently Uninstalled: ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // PnP spell scroll caster levels: 1.7
    // Recently Uninstalled: ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3021 // Familiar death consequences -> Constitution loss for 1 week: 1.7
    // Recently Uninstalled: ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Protagonist can die: 1.7
    // Recently Uninstalled: ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Add Priest of Tempus kit for Priests: 1.7
    // Recently Uninstalled: ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // More bandit scalps: 1.7
    // Recently Uninstalled: ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Remove junk from global scripts: 1.7
    // Recently Uninstalled: ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4040 // Import party items to SoA: 1.7
    // Recently Uninstalled: ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Books/Scrolls categorization: 1.7
    // Recently Uninstalled: ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4060 // Wand Case: 1.7
    // Recently Uninstalled: ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4070 // Key Ring: 1.7
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2002 // Total XP CAP -> Disabled: 1.7
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // XP for Traps, Spells and Lockpicking -> BG1 values (default): 1.7
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Disable hostile reaction after charm: 1.7
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // PnP spell scroll caster levels: 1.7
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3021 // Familiar death consequences -> Constitution loss for 1 week: 1.7
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Protagonist can die: 1.7
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Add Priest of Tempus kit for Priests: 1.7
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // More bandit scalps: 1.7
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Remove junk from global scripts: 1.7
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4040 // Import party items to SoA: 1.7
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Books/Scrolls categorization: 1.7
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4060 // Wand Case: 1.7
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4070 // Key Ring: 1.7

Also, Minsc didn't want to join (I had the convo, but he didn't join), now every time I talk to him, his breaking free dialog starts again. He also didn't want to join in Nashkel (I talked with him once and he later didn't even talk to me), but I left him there because I had other ideas for a party anyway. I now added him with the cheatkeys because I don't want to leave him here, but I might just first try and fix my install and then restart BG2.

I uploaded save games here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=113IWtYmdCF0YX6a9kcAKPfeh0bVYeNnu, quick save before adding Minsc, the other after. Both after having fixed the Imoen script issue.

It might be also important extra info, that I'm running this under Ubuntu 16, on a not-case-sensitive mounted partition.
    Is this the complete log?
    Hmm, I downloaded Near Infinity, but I don't have the expertise to know how to proceed unfortunately. I would appreciate help.
    It seems like all symptoms you describe are due to the missing or failed install of EET_end.
    That component of EET merges various dialogue files for the NPC who appear in both parts of the game into one consistent file. Without that, Minsc, Imoen and Jaheira are missing parts of their dialogues in parts of your game.
    Example - The Imoen/Rielev talk is in a special dialogue file for the dungeon Imoen in the vanilla game. In EET, Imoen has Imoen2J.dlg throughout. For it to work in game, the Imoen/Rielev talk is moved from the source into Imoen2J by the EET_end. This is missing in your install.
    Since EET_end is that last component in an EET game, there is no problem to simply install it now and see if your problems are solved by this.
    Yes, it is the complete log. I added the two log files I found to the google drive folder, and also a file with the list of files in the game folder. The is an eet_end.tp2 in there.
    So I should do weiduinstall eet_end?
    Would that also fix the issue of the non-working tweaks?
    fbence said:

Would that also fix the issue of the non-working tweaks?

I don't know. I have a simplified idea about how EET works but I'm not an expert. For such support you may contact them at Gibberlings3 http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showforum=195
    Ok, thanks, I will try this though.
    I reinstalled the eet_tweaks than the eet_end.

I restarted SoD, Minsc dialog was now ok (I tried right away this time), but I checked, at the end of SoD, I see that I get all my items removed, reputation reduced by 11, but Bag of Holding is added. It is still there when I get the first cutscene in the dungeon (but nothing else), but by the time I get actual control after talking with Imoen it is gone again. I think the bag of holding is also a mod, should that have stayed in my inventory or should that be also "somewhere" in the starting dungeon also?
    (I also tried registering to the gibberling3 website, for the forums, but first it complained about not getting an answer right, now I'm not getting the reg email, but I hope I can get around that somehow).
  • KuselKusel Member Posts: 50
    fbence said:

I reinstalled the eet_tweaks than the eet_end.

I restarted SoD, Minsc dialog was now ok (I tried right away this time), but I checked, at the end of SoD, I see that I get all my items removed, reputation reduced by 11, but Bag of Holding is added. It is still there when I get the first cutscene in the dungeon (but nothing else), but by the time I get actual control after talking with Imoen it is gone again. I think the bag of holding is also a mod, should that have stayed in my inventory or should that be also "somewhere" in the starting dungeon also?

Bag of holding is EET tweaks, your stuff is behind the trapped picture maybe.
    Ok, I'll check, I tried to just run over to where the stuff should be, but at least I found out that the protagonist can die tweak is now working :D
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    if you played through BG1 and/or SoD check the characters Voice options, some of the voices from earlier games are not in BG2 and screw up a whole host of things as the game attempts to assign them again when you move between games. You just need to select from the list in BG2 and it should be fine if it's just that causing the problems.
    Ok, so everything is working. I think I have my entire inventory on that table, which might make the game too easy, but I don't mind that much, I guess it'll flatten out soon anyway. As far as I can see from the in game times, it hasn't even been two days since our capture, so from an RP point of view its fine. If I were Irenicus, I'd go through the entire thing for interesting stuff (e.g. my journal :D).