Skip to content

Should new core/prestige classes be added to NWN:EE? If yes, what?

SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 2,176
edited January 2018 in General Discussions NWN:EE
Forgive me if already are a topic to discuss new classes but i din`t find.

Baldur`s Gate enhanced edition reveiced new classes, like Dwarven Defender, Shadowdancer, Dragon Disciple, Dark Moon Monk, etc. Some of this classes are very different than PnP, for example, you can only be a "red dragon disciple"(the most chaotic and "human eater" dragons. Silver dragons that are the most common, aren`t possible), in PRC you can choose what kind of dragon you will be. But at the same time EE comes with some things that i din`t liked, like Summon limit.

So, if NWN:EE will receive new classes, what classes do you most like to see in nwn:ee and why? I personally :
- Dread Necromancer
- Soulknife
- Favored soul
- Archmage
- Warlock
- Sacred Fist
- Demonologist
- DragonHeart Mage(edited)
- Psion(edited)

Also, will be amazing if "racial classes" like Vampire and Lich comes to nwn:ee.
Post edited by SorcererV1ct0r on

Comments

• ProontProont Member Posts: 141
    I'd like to see:
    Ninja
    Warlock
    Shadowcaster
    Psion
    Swordsage
    Warblade
    Artificer

Spellsword
    Archmage
    Mindbender
    Animal Lord
    Beast Heart Adept
    More Dragon Disciple options (Chromatic, Metallic, Crystal, Faerunian, Epic)

Legendary Dreadnought
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    I know Eldritch Knight's in the PRC mod, but I'd like to see that and Arcane Trickster. Without those PRCs it makes mixing combat/thievery with spellcasting pretty weak. War Priest would also be pretty sweet for similar reasons.
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    It's probably safe to start with the open content classes in the d20 srd.
  • SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 2,176
    edited January 2018
    Proont said:

I'd like to see:
    Ninja
    Warlock
    Shadowcaster
    Psion
    Swordsage
    Warblade
    Artificer

Spellsword
    Archmage
    Mindbender
    Animal Lord
    Beast Heart Adept
    More Dragon Disciple options (Chromatic, Metallic, Crystal, Faerunian, Epic)

Legendary Dreadnought

bout Dragon Disciple, i think that DD should be one unique class and you select your heritage as a "feat", so all Dragons can be added. Also, i will add to my list DragonHeart Mage( http://www.realmshelps.net/charbuild/classes/prestige/general/dragonheart_mage.shtml ). How i miss that class? DD is very good for melee characters, but don`t give CL.
    Dragon Disciple is just a way to change a character into a half dragon with some extra bonuses and level progression. If you take dragon disciple with practiced spell caster you should be able to offset a lot of the investment.

As a sorcerer however you should really be more interested in the heritage bloodline feats that give you a specific bonus spell known each level.
  • ProontProont Member Posts: 141

Dragon Disciple is just a way to change a character into a half dragon with some extra bonuses and level progression. If you take dragon disciple with practiced spell caster you should be able to offset a lot of the investment.

As a sorcerer however you should really be more interested in the heritage bloodline feats that give you a specific bonus spell known each level.

Yes. It also gives you an immunity and breath weapon (or resistance and/or spell-like ability depending on the dragon). Being able to choose what you get would be nice.
  • StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    Nwn2’s classes as well as fix palemaster and dd to have spell level progression
  • AnonySimonAnonySimon Member Posts: 28
    I would like to see the following base classes:
    • Artificer (Infusions, also a crafting-focused class)
    • Beguiler/Dread Necromancer/Warmage (Spell lists that don't need to be prepared each day)
    • Crusader/Swordsage/Warblade (Martial Maneuvers)
    • Dragonfire Adept/Warlock (Invocations, At-Will caster)
    • Dragon Shaman/Marshal (Auras, A new take on playing a buffer class like the bard)
    • Duskblade (Gish)
    • Factotum (Fill Multiple Roles, which is useful in Single-Player)
    • Psion/Wilder/Psychic Warrior (Psionics, useful for Mana-based casting)
    • Spellthief (Anti-caster)
    • Spirit Shaman (Spontaneous Prepared Caster)
    I chose these classes because I feel they would provide significantly different class abilities.

• DerpCityDerpCity Member, Moderator Posts: 303
    If Beamdog plans to make an expansion, I feel that they should add new classes, at least two. I've been very interested in seeing any of the Psion classes come to NWN since I've read about them on the D&D Wiki. Since it isn't a side at all explored in NWN, or CRPG D&D games in general it seems, I wonder if they could find a part of the Forgotten Realms where they're more relevant and make a campaign around it.
    Lets just make our own hak and get everyone to use it now that haks load before character creation.
  • RifleLeroyRifleLeroy Member Posts: 77
    Why not start by unlocking disciple of Shou and Eye of grumsh ? It would not require additional work for Beamdog employees.
  • voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
    edited January 2018

Lets just make our own hak and get everyone to use it now that haks load before character creation.

Which will be a lot easier when Beamdog unlock classes/races/feats/spell books from being hardcoded.

I would much rather see work goes to those features so we can add our own everything.

:)
  • GrymlordeGrymlorde Member Posts: 121
    edited January 2018
    Once BD fixes removes the hardcoding on spellcasting classes, I will gladly create new core spellcasters! In the meantime, I am releasing a feat-based core spellcasting class called the Occultist as part of this month's Custom Content Challenge.
    You can do a lot now already as long as it doesn't require a custom spellbook.

For active feats you need to add them to the feat class list of every class I think, no real need to wait but would be easier without that step.
    Grymlorde said:

Once BD fixes removes the hardcoding on spellcasting classes, I will gladly create new core spellcasters! In the meantime, I am releasing a feat-based core spellcasting class called the Occultist as part of this month's Custom Content Challenge.

They confirmed that they will remove this? If yes, will be amazing. Will be a lot of dnd and homebrew classes on nwn:ee
    No you have to vote for it on the trello board, along with some other spell casting cards, I think one for metamagic and one for prestige class spell progression at least. You have to vote for them.

No you have to vote for it on the trello board, along with some other spell casting cards, I think one for metamagic and one for prestige class spell progression at least. You have to vote for them.

I tried to find but is too confuse. Any link that i can simple click and vote?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Primeval Guardian
    Rangers of the Primeval Guardian Conclave follow an ancient tradition rooted in powerful druidic magic. These rangers learn to become one with nature, allowing them to channel the aspects of various beasts and plants in order to overcome their foes.
    These rangers dwell in the elder forests of the world. They venture out only rarely, as they consider it their sacred duty to protect the druidic groves and ancient trees that saw the earliest days of the world.

http://mcdt25e.wikidot.com/subclass:primeval-guardian