Skip to content

How to Install Mods specifically for the Beta?

ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
I'm able to install mods directly into my folders using BWS, but I don't know how to install them for the Beta? Do they automatically install for the beta?

Also do you think I have enough time to do another run before the official release of 2.5?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited January 2018
    Installing mods for BG/IWD/PST means you get files in your override folder. The current beta for the 2.5 patch also has files in the override folder.

So when you install mods on your 2.5 beta you get an override folder with both files of the beta and files of your mods.

This means that when the 2.5 patch is released fully, you'll have to reinstall all your mods - as your mod files for the beta in the override folder won't work well.

The same can be said about dialog.tlk file - mods change it to reflect on new strings for items/characters etc, and every new patch also changes it. When the patch is fully released, its new dialog.tlk won't work well with your mods.

About ETA: decide yourself. Will you have enough time to do another run if the patch is released in 1 week/2 weeks/1 month? There's no ETA still and nobody can say when it will happen.
    ZaramMaldovar
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    All my kits worked very well on the beta patch release.

All I had to do was reinstall them exactly because of the strings (as @JuliusBorisov mentioned), but a new game wasn't necessary - even for the huge jump IWDEE had (1.4 to 2.5b).
    JuliusBorisov