Skip to content

Time of release

One question: I live in Europe and noticed that the time I could predownload the game was in the evening. Will this be the same on november 28th? I have a day of from work and was hoping I could already play in the morning. So, what time will the game be released to play?

Comments

• Kristie83Kristie83 Member Posts: 259
    Good question...
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I would say around the same time. Consider the time zone Edmonton is located at.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    edited November 2012
    Yeah but we are in GMT+1 (ish) timezone in europe, and they are in GMT/UTC-5 or something timezone right? So... Hmm. Im so baaaad at abstracting this *imagines the earth turning* *racks his brain*, they will start the day later than us right? So when it is 15:00 in the evening the 28 of November here, it is 09:00 in the morning in Canada of November 28th?

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited November 2012
    Edmonton is at GMT -7, I believe. So if it's 15:00 in Britain, it's 8:00 in Alberta.

That said, it's possible they will wait to open it up until they get to the office in the morning, in order to be available for support if necessary.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    Yea I'm hoping they will be ready by noon edmonton time on the 28th (so like 7-9pm your time depending on where you live in Europe). I mean hopefully sooner, but I'm just being cautious.
  • allhailsteveallhailsteve Member Posts: 210
    Didn't they say they would push out the last 500MB on Monday? Does that suggest we preorderers may be able to play from then?
    @Aosaw, @elminster Am I getting mixed signals here? Or do I simply not comprehend this silly time thingy?
    edited November 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOMd7CSt0KU

Edit: Just realized - New soundtrack while waithing for the 28th?
    @Aristillius Subtract 8 hours from your local time to know Edmonton local time.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited November 2012
    Edmonton is UTC - 7. So it will be 8pm in Paris when it is noon (the same day on the calendar) in Edmonton.
    edited November 2012
    Yes and Aristillius is at UTC +1 :)
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @allhailsteve

I don't think so. I think they want to be sure that if their servers have problems, people will have the last 500Mb downloaded by the 28th at least.

But, I guess you can hope for it.
    Thanks @mlnevese, @elminster I am normally not stupid (REALLY!!!)!).

Whenever I travel I set my watch and try not to think too much about whether my home is behind or in the future timewise.

Maybe other people reading this board learned a thing or three as well? =)
    You're welcome. :)
  • balordikaalebbalordikaaleb Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2012
    time and space are just an illusion, we are living in Forgotten Realms as well, where there is no jet lag...
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    As long as I can start the download before I go to bed on the 28th, so that it's ready to play on the 29th, I'll be happy, though the pre-download took a whole night *and* most of the following day to complete for me (I'm in the UK).
  • johnnydgoodjohnnydgood Member Posts: 38
    So, any official statement regarding my question??????
  • leyshjonoeleyshjonoe Member Posts: 59
    Was the preload about noon in edmonton?

So, assuming the release is about the same time, inc. daylight savings, 5:30am on the 29th, my time... OK.
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    Since we pre loaders will have the complete installer before the 28’th, it should merely be a matter of turning on the "switch" at midnight on release day in Edmonton. That way we wouldn't have to wait until Beamdog/Overhaul wakes up, get to work and do it then...
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    The installer isn't complete yet though. As said, there's another ~500MB to download.
  • leyshjonoeleyshjonoe Member Posts: 59
    edited November 2012
    Yeah but it's been said that 500 MB will be up for downloading on Monday, so it should at least be as @bytebrain says on the 28th.

..which would be freaking awesome, as I'd be playing at 5:30 on the release day instead of when I get up the next day.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    "Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster
    Current plan is to do less dumb with the clients and start pushing the remaining 500mb early next week."

That is all :)
    Thanks for sharing @IchigoRXC =)
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    IchigoRXC said:

"Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster
    Current plan is to do less dumb with the clients and start pushing the remaining 500mb early next week."

That is all :)

Excellent! :-)

Hope there's an official annoucement when this starts