Skip to content

Since Miles is down, what is going to happen to the audio technology?

Does this mean the audio files, including the SFXs, are going to be re-encoded for better quality?

Comments

• TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Perhaps I'm missing something or misinterpreting the title of this thread but I can see no indication on the web that the miles system is no more. On the contrary according to this page (with a copyright notice for 2018) it is now on version 10. Have you got a link to a news article that says otherwise?

TR
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992

Perhaps I'm missing something or misinterpreting the title of this thread but I can see no indication on the web that the miles system is no more. On the contrary according to this page (with a copyright notice for 2018) it is now on version 10. Have you got a link to a news article that says otherwise?

TR

I should have specified: gone for NWNEE.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Heard back from the Team.

The short answer is Yes, we will be making updates and improvements to the audio system. We are interested in updating audio to work with the new systems.

Heard back from the Team.

The short answer is Yes, we will be making updates and improvements to the audio system. We are interested in updating audio to work with the new systems.

Thank you, o most reliable. I trust you will release new audio guidelines? Thank god I kept my source files intact!
    Any update on this? Any "indiscretion" on which formats will the engine support?

Any update on this? Any "indiscretion" on which formats will the engine support?

Any update on this, @JuliusBorisov ?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited July 2018
    While we're waiting for any official update on this, I've created an Input card - https://trello.com/c/Va621e15/204-update-and-improve-the-audio-system.

EDIT: and it's now in the Long-term Active >3 months column on the Roadmap. ;)
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on

While we're waiting for any official update on this, I've created an Input card - https://trello.com/c/Va621e15/204-update-and-improve-the-audio-system.

Thank you!
    suggestion: would .logg files be considered for the game? They are OGG, so higher quality than MP3, but they support looping.
    I can attach a sample if interested.

EDIT: and it's now in the Long-term Active >3 months column on the Roadmap. ;)

Can you share any specific info and what is going to happen to audio later on?