Skip to content

How to set Debug on (aka enable console), for BGEE on Linux and Save files location

MrPaytwickMrPaytwick Member Posts: 4
edited February 2018 in Troubleshooting
Hi,

I'm a linux user and I've the steam release (v2.3something) of the game. I would like to use the console, but there is no actual baldur.lua anywhere (not in the Steam folder, not in the .config, not in the Documents, simply nowhere).

Since my troubles involve a lost item (the Geas Removal Scroll, that I either sold, or dropped when screwing around), it's quite a setback in my progression. Speaking of it, where are the save folders on Linux? I'm using the cloud, but since my connection isn't really good lately I'd like a way to back them myself too.

Edit: Just realized I've a terrible wording for the tittle, so fixed that.
Edit II: Figured out I could simply pick pocket the scroll from a far less earlier save. Still, I wouldn't mind to have an indication to where the Baldur.lua file is on linux.
Thanks.
Post edited by MrPaytwick on

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @MrPaytwick, have a look here or here. It appears to be in a hidden .local folder.

It might give you the info you are looking for.

Gus
    JuliusBorisov
  • MrPaytwickMrPaytwick Member Posts: 4
    Indeed, it's there, in the $HOME/.local/share. I can't figure out why I didn't checked there, nor how I screwed my search here.

Thanks
    GusindaJuliusBorisov