Skip to content

The trouble with screenshots.

themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
edited February 2018 in General Discussions NWN:EE
I'm not sure if there is a good solution, but when you press F12 which is the Screenshots key for Steam, you use whatever is in your Hotkey Bar. It's sad if you forgot to save recently and you just used a consumable.

I would just use PrintScreen, but that just ends up giving nothing but black (a bug that was true in the GoG version too if I remember correctly).

Sorry if this is the wrong place. Mods, feel free to move this to another Board section. I felt the issue was a little more complex than Technical Support since it's a multifaceted issue that doesn't seem to have a resolution at the moment.

Comments

• RevockRevock Member Posts: 16
    printscreen saves it in a folder called "screenshots" in my documents/neverwinternights, as a .tga which you can open with gimp and export to other formats. it doesn't save it to the clipboard. not sure where the screenshots folder would be in the steam version.
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    Hah, silly me. Thanks @Revock! It isn't my favorite solution though. It would be nice if it saved it to clipboard instead of creating a blank black screen there.

The screenshots folder in Steam varies by game, but they are always easy to find using Steam's UI.

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited February 2018
    There's actually a solution - you can change F12 to anything else:

Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    edited February 2018
    Nice! I changed it to the plus sign. It's weird it won't let you change it to Prt Sc. That would be the most logical.