Skip to content

Anyone know a good server+bandwidth business we can reliably rent from for nwn server?

I'm looking for business which has good game server infrastructure we can rent.

I mean its going to be tiny for a nwn server -- 128 players max?
I just dont want it to be laggy.
I could ask ISPs locally to do it, but i was wondering if other people know about other good servers.

One of the key concerns is security - that is, the mod is going to be placed in their hands. I have to have some sort of arrangement assuring these guys don't steal or copy the mod. So im hoping there are legit contracts and business out there. Or maybe just trustworthy friends.

(suggestions welcome)

Comments

• zunathzunath Member Posts: 92
    Get in touch with @StilleVande and see if he has openings available. He's hosting a lot of people's servers for free.

If he can't do it for you, all you really need is a VM. We're currently hosting in Azure but AWS or another cloud service would be fine. There are tons of options out there - you can even grab a dedicated box if you want to spend a little more money.
  • farhorizonfarhorizon Member Posts: 4
    For a linux server, I'd go with Digital Ocean: it's a nice combination of fast, cheap and simple.

You can start at $5 per month and go up from there if your server needs more horsepower.

While it is unlikely that you can get a hosting provider to sign a custom contract for the tiny dollar amount hosting a nwn server costs, reputable providers (AWS, google, digital ocean, azure, etc) have standard policies about their employees accessing your data to prevent issues like you describe.
  • GM_ODAGM_ODA Member Posts: 177
    we use a leased server from hivelocity.net they give solid service and reasonable rates... been with them forever.