Skip to content

HELP-EEKeeper Android (Baldurs Gate 2)

Hello All!

So I moved my files to PC- I can open and edit my character. I save it then start new game while importing a character.

The ISSUE: I can set Strength, Dexterity, Charisma, ETC and it will import into the game just fine, however when I change Gold amount, Add items to Bags lets say Flail of Ages Item: Blun14 or add amount of unused Profeciencies. None of these will show up or change. The gold will still be 0: There will be no items in inventory etc.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I have went through the forums and spent HOURS trying to get it to work.

Thanks in advance;
Failure

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @failure, welcome to the forum.

The loss of gold and items is most likely due to BG2 stripping it all away when starting after importing (as it does for any import) the character. If you want to add wealth and weapons, you are better off starting the game and when you are finished having a chat with Imoen, save the game, copy the save to the PC and make the adjustments, then copy it back for playing.

Gus
  • FailureFailure Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2018
    Thank you for the response. I can't seem to get it to show a saved game only character.

Is there a way to make adjustments to a character after chatting with Imoen then having the game reflect those changes?

Or any ideas as to why it won't show saved games?

I have tried exporting and have tried saving a game then opening just the save game to no avail

@Failure, you wouldn't be able to edit the char after chatting using the .chr file. You need to edit the saved game.

Setting up EEKeeper all depends on how you have your setup for Android editing on the PC. The pic below shows my EEKeeper Installation Directory config. I have 2 different folders (actually I have three, but one is for compressing up any modfiles and not listed in EEKeeper).

The first is where I have the game files (Obb files decompressed), which is 'E:\BG Android\BG2EE 2064\'. The second is where I place any saved games that are going to be edited: 'E:\BG Android\BG2EE 2064 Save\save\'. Also note the tick in 'Use Custom Save Location'. This way, EEKeeper isn't trying to find your saved games in your documents area. You will need to configure EEKeeper to whatever folders you are using.

Once both directories are configured, copy any saved game, at the folder level. ie: '000000006-Gus Greycloak' complete with contents into 'E:\BG Android\BG2EE 2064 Save\save\' (or whatever you call it). You should now be able to see your saved game. If you haven't used EEKeeper for editing a game before, when you go to save, EEKeeper will call the new folder ''000000006-Gus Greycloak (Edited 0001)', then '...(Edited 0002)' and so on. Copy the new folder (you can rename it if you wish) onto your device and play away.

If this doesn't make sense, let me know and I will try and break it down. Not sure what your technical skills are.

Gus
    It makes perfect sense. I added 2 photos to show screenshots. I have tried multiple folders and directories to no avail. It won't load a saved game for me
    @Gusinda Also I have tried it without any character files just the folder level it didn't make a difference
    Nevermind I figured it out in case anyone else runs into this. The save file had to be located under "data" in same place as chitin.key

Thank you again @Gusinda you are an amazing reflection of what a helpful contributor of any forum should be. I have read many of your threads prior to posting!

I also attached a picture of what finally worked
    @Failure, for your game folder (main.226.com...), are both Obbs unzipped into this folder or just the one. If it only the one, you need to put both together, and I would recommend shortening the name like BG2EE or something similar.

For the saved game area, are you copying the entire saved folder into your saved game: ie:C:\Epic Save Game\00000001-My Saved Game\? In there should be BALDUR.gam and BALDUR.sav as well as some .bmp files.

Gus
    @Failure, thank you for that.

If this works for you well and good, but you don't need to have the save folder anywhere near the chitin.key. It looks like you only have the the one obb (main) decompressed. May I recommend that you rename the 'main.226.com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition' folder to BG2EE, then unzip the contents of 'patch.226.com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition.obb' (or whatever version the patch file is) into this BG2EE folder. You would end up with the folder structure:

BG2EE
    BG2EE\Data
    BG2EE\lang
    BG2EE\movies
    BG2EE\music
    BG2EE\scripts
    BG2EE\chitin.key (file)

The complete game would be there, and you are then setup to create modfiles for Android...

Enjoy
    Gus
    edited March 2018
    Actually the contents of the patch are one folder up. They are both extracted. I will rename them however as when explaining an issue or even helping others to be on the same page with a general naming system would be advantageous.

I do notice A LOT of crashes like 95% of the time when trying to save items. Any known causes?

Here is copy paste from crash:
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: EEKeeper.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.4.0
    Application Timestamp: 59384148
    Fault Module Name: EEKeeper.exe
    Fault Module Version: 1.0.4.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 59384148
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 001c4081
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    @Failure, I too had a lot of crashes on 1.0.4.0. I reverted to 1.0.3.6 and it all went away. If you download 1.0.3.6, unzip it into a folder, you can copy your eekeeper.ini from 1.0.4.0 and wont have to reconfigure the folders.

Gus
    Gusinda said:

@Failure, I too had a lot of crashes on 1.0.4.0. I reverted to 1.0.3.6 and it all went away. If you download 1.0.3.6, unzip it into a folder, you can copy your eekeeper.ini from 1.0.4.0 and wont have to reconfigure the folders.

Gus

Awesome worked like a charm no more crashes! Thank you again for all your help. Your guidance truly was/is invaluable.

Next to do is figure out installing mods/scripts I saw a great thread I believe you also were involved in that is where my forum search will begin!

Truly Thankful,
    ~Failure~
    @Failure, no problems. If you need any assistance, just call.

Enjoy
    Gus