Skip to content

ID 2.5 beta Mac requirements?

JGPJGP Member Posts: 26
I'm starting to get a bit worried here. Finally decided to get in on the new beta, grabbed and ran BG with no problems, but the ID beta failed to launch. Examination of report showed a failure to find the Metal Frameworks Library. Is this now a requirement for for the 2.5 release? The only info I could find on this stated OS 10.9+ and 64 bit CPU, which I have, however I am not capable of running the Metal code.

To date, I have been able to run all Beamdog software, but I am worried I have hit a brick wall with future releases including Neverwinter, the purchase of which I have now put on hold. Seems to me this is something that needs a definitive and accurate statement, especially for prospective buyers.

Thanks.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Please, report it on support.baldursgate.com detailing all the info about your Mac.

Basing on your post, it's difficult to see what is happening.
  • JGPJGP Member Posts: 26

Please, report it on support.baldursgate.com detailing all the info about your Mac.

Basing on your post, it's difficult to see what is happening.

After being shuffled off to support, who in turn without benefit of human interaction, tried to push me into bug reporting, completely ignoring my plea that there was no bug, I simply wanted a question answered, I am back here. Let me start over.

I would like to know the hardware and software requirements to run the update to Icewind Dale on the Mac platform. Just the essential information that any customer would need in order to purchase a Beamdog product.

If there is a different place to ask this question, I would be happy to post there.

Thanks.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited March 2018
    @JGP

The support you reached out to previously can't help with deep troubleshooting issues, this is why they forwarded you to the bug reporting site.

As soon as you posted your question I asked our developers and got a reply we would need some more info from you.Ideally the actual report output would be helpful, along with a description of the machine you are running.

You can basically say this is again "pushing you into bug reporting", - but without an actual report it will be difficult for our QA and other programmers to look at it.

support.baldursgate.com is a bug reporting site, but by "bugs" not only in-game issues are meant. The team there helps with deep troubleshooting issues which can't be solved by our support (as our support are not programmers).

About the hardware and software requirements to run the update to Icewind Dale on the Mac platform - I've passed your question to the appropriate department.

@JGP

The support you reached out to previously can't help with deep troubleshooting issues, this is why they forwarded you to the bug reporting site.

As soon as you posted your question I asked our developers and got a reply we would need some more info from you.Ideally the actual report output would be helpful, along with a description of the machine you are running.

You can basically say this is again "pushing you into bug reporting", - but without an actual report it will be difficult for our QA and other programmers to look at it.

support.baldursgate.com is a bug reporting site, but by "bugs" not only in-game issues are meant. The team there helps with deep troubleshooting issues which can't be solved by our support (as our support are not programmers).

About the hardware and software requirements to run the update to Icewind Dale on the Mac platform - I've passed your question to the appropriate department.

I appreciate your action on this, however I would like to point out that I did originally include the Mac OS error log, exactly as you suggested, yet this was ignored in an automated response that did indeed push me out of the support department and towards Redmine which necessitated another round of registering etc. and a back to square one approach. I pointed out that this was the extent of the information I could offer and was simply ignored.

I'm just a Beamdog customer concerned that I will be unable to run future software and, I might add, make future purchases. I had downloaded the Beamdog Client for the first time and was prepared to purchase Neverwinter Nights, when I was stopped dead by this problem.

Again, I will thank you for your help, but I am certainly not pleased at the support runaround or your implication that it as my own fault when your support department, at it's best, failed to communicate anything relevant to my problem.
    @JGP As an update, I can say that the bug will be fixed in the next dev build, so the final patch shouldn't give you errors.

@JGP As an update, I can say that the bug will be fixed in the next dev build, so the final patch shouldn't give you errors.

Thank you for your response. I am greatly relieved.