Skip to content

BG2 EE - random crashes on iPad

CharaxCharax Member Posts: 4
Hi folks,

I am having random crashes when playing BG2. No specific event triggers the crash - it just completely shuts down the game. The only thing I can offer is that it may happen after an hour or so of having launched the game.

Is it some kind of memory issue?

Comments

• tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Charax said:

Hi folks,

I am having random crashes when playing BG2. No specific event triggers the crash - it just completely shuts down the game. The only thing I can offer is that it may happen after an hour or so of having launched the game.

Is it some kind of memory issue?

I have played BG2 on the iPad for years and have never seen that happen. Granted, I rarely play for an hour at a time — such is my “life” — but a memory issue might be it. Do you have other things running at the time? And how much memory does your iPad have?

• CharaxCharax Member Posts: 4
    2 GB of memory. I tend to have a few things open - which I shut down after a crash. I just downloaded an app to track memory and cpu usage...surprised this is happening on a somewhat newer version of ipad.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Make sure your report these crashes (with information from your tracking app) on support.baldurgate.com. Every bit of information can help make these games better.
    Thank you!