Skip to content

[SOLVED] Baldurs Gate: Dual-Class Bug?

TemarielTemariel Member Posts: 42
edited April 2018 in Troubleshooting
Hi there,

I am currently experiencing an issue with dual-classing Imoen from a swashbuckler kit to a mage. Everything goes smoothly except my new mage is now unable to equip scrolls in quick item slots. The game is telling me this char 'cannot use item'. Furthermore, whilst Imoen is able to memorise spells, all spell scrolls appear red, as if to suggest she is not in fact a mage.

Note: I can still equip and use wands normally.

I am dual-classing at level 10. Even at swash lvl 10/mage lvl 11 the problem persists.

I am also using the Might and Guile mod, which does make changes to the swashbuckler class.

Early in Chapter One I used EE keeper to change Imoen from a mage/thief multi-class to a swashbuckler. I've also been tearing my hair out trying to use EE keeper to solve this problem, to no avail.

This appears to be a problem with this specific version of Imoen. Not only have I dual-classed another char along these lines perfectly, but I've also started a new game, recruited Imoen, and successfully dual-classed her from swashbuckler to mage with no problems at all (using CLUA givexp commands).

I am running a heavily modded game in general, using EET, SCS, and various tweak mods. I understand that any one of my mods could be causing this issue, but any help here would be much appreciated. I am doing a very specific RP run and this is game-breaking for me.

I am thinking that the simplest solution to this would be to use EE keeper to add some kind of flag to say that this char is allowed to use scrolls, but I have no idea how to do this.

T

Post edited by Temariel on

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Most likely it happens because of one of the mods (mod components). As it's difficult to track, delete mods one by one to find the source.
  • TemarielTemariel Member Posts: 42
    SOLVED courtesy of the author of the Might and Guile mod - Subtledoctor. For future reference, fixing this issue required using Near Infinity to change the value of SPECIFICS in Imoen's CRE file from '-2' to '0'.