Skip to content

Installation Icewind Dale on cyanogenmod 12.1 and lineageos 14.1 problem with space

Tomek0000Tomek0000 Member Posts: 13
Hi.
I bought Icewind Dale in the play.google yesterday and I was not able to install it on my samsung galaxy tab 4 with CM 12.1 . Play.google started to download and in the half of downloading reported no space . I have had 3.4 GB free space in internal memory (14G free on the first and 20G free on the second partition of micro sd card. 3.4 GB is a max . For more I have to remove gaaps maybe .
I wanted to know if this game is able to install. I tesated it on my phone with lineageos 14.1 with 10 GB free internal flash. It was installed it but I lost all my internal space. I have had free only 450MB . I used DiskUsage for check what happend and I saw System Data =8.5GB instead of 1.85 . I returned to System Data = 1.86GB after full reboot of my phone.
Could you confirm , your installator needs up to 8GB free space in internal memeory for install Icewind Dale ? This is all space I have in my galaxy tab 4. It looks , the installation from play.google is not possible. (?) The other way is to use titanium backup. I used it and it created very small 3 files of backup. I researched and find : the titanium and not only it but app2sd too does not connect to the Icewind Dale the files in /storage/emulated/0/Android/obb/com.beamdog.icewinddale/
At this moment the one problem creates two problems :
1. How can I link files in /storage/emulated/0/Android/obb/com.beamdog.icewinddale/ to second partition ? Or copy to first partition? None game is worth to keep it in internal memory! And never game will be created which will be worth it.
2. How can I use titanium backup for backup all game's files including /storage/emulated/0/Android/obb/com.beamdog.icewinddale/ for be able to restore the game on my galaxy tab 4 ?

Thank you for the help.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    EEs currently cannot be installed onto an external card. And they may require more gbs during the download process (for temporary files).

Are you trying to install the retail version or the 2.5 beta? http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/12/the-25-update-beta-is-here.html
  • Tomek0000Tomek0000 Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2018
    I installed 1.4.0 from google play.
    Device Model : galaxy tab 4 T235
    Operating System: android 5.1 CM12.1
    CPU: 4 cores A7
    GPU: do not remember
    System RAM: 1.5GB
    System space : 8GB

What is EEs ? How many gbs I need during downloading ?
    How many gbs I will need for install 2.5 beta ? I have only 3.4GB . Is it enough ?

Please describe how can I backup the game for move it from m phone to my tablet . I am not able to use it on phone because I am not able to read text in the game on phone dispaly.
    The alternative way is to link directory to 2th or mount to 1th partition in app2sd . Will it be the only way to free internal memory?
    It looks like 2.5 beta is possible to install if you have installed the official one from play.google but this is not possible. Any hints ?
    edited March 2018
    I used this what titanium prepared to restore the game on my tablet and the rest what titanium is not able to connect with the game I copied manual. The game started .
    Next I installed 2.5 version on phone, backuped , copied the rest and moved to my tablet . I installed patch on tablet . The game started but the result is the same like with official version.
    I see all text descriptions in options , but I do not see checkboxes, comboboxes and bares . Start window: I see only two words without graphic representation of game icon to tap for game start .
    When I start the game I see movie but next I see all characters , all character's icons from the right side of window and text of activity on the bottom of window. I do mot se any options on the bar from the lest side of window, and nothing of thw game world. The characters are on the black background.

As a bonus : the game excelent works if it is installed on second partition of sd card.